D&D 5E There is No Honor/Pirates of the Caribbean.

Zardnaar

Legend
Background. My players have chosen a pirate themed game.

I'm setting it in the Caribbean and I'm placing Sasserine from the Savage Tide roughly where Havanna is IRL.

I'm mining Pathfinders Skull and Shackles, Dungeon Magazine, Savage Tide and Ghosts of Saltmarsh for maps, locations, ideas etc.

Part one is There is No Honor. More or less running as is.

I plan on recycling Scuttlecove and Saltmarsh and the Isle of Dread, Vanthus and the Crimson fleet. The Savage Tide plot can go out the window.

Just after some ideas of where you would locate major cities and refocus on Sasserine.

Probably have 4 factions substituting for England/France/Spain/Dutch. Atm it's Human, Elf, Dragonborn and one more.

Thinking of making Scuttlecove a major port in the Yucatan as a gateway to the Yuan Ti lands.

Races are pretty much anything goes that's not flying. Major races are phb ones but not much in the way of Drow.

Vanthus will be a captain in the Crimson Fleet. That fleet serves the Yuant Ti. One of the Elven houses also serves the Yuant Ti.

Rough AP so far.

There is No Honor lvl 1-3 (reaching level 3 at the end).
Salvage Operation lvl 4.

Last edited:

RichGreen

Adventurer

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
A serious challenge is logistics/trading. A pirate ship is a business. You have to feed the crew and keep the ship supplied and repaired. If you board a small merchant vessel with 1000 pieces of 8 and 10 tons of molasses... is that a lot? You can only answer if you have a reasonable grasp of these costs/logistical concerns.

Remove ads