D&D Movie/TV There's A New Trailer For D&D: Honor Among Thieves

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

Last edited:

I don't think I will see it at the cinema (for the obvious, "external" reasons), but I have to say, the goofiness is growing on me. Probably quite adequate for the average RPG party. And benchmarking it against existing D&D films, it's certainly better (not that that's particularly hard :p ).

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Me too. But I'm happy to see some other portrayal of a barbarian. I mean after Govenor Conan, that particular portrayal has pretty much been mastered (or at least done). IMO, it's time for a different barbarian portrayal.
My point was less cartoony. It’s almost like she’s using wire fu.

It’s very over exaggerated.

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
That looks firkin awesome and sums up my 42 years of D&D.
And ya bo hiss to nay sayers
I'm going to second that - l think they've captured the feel of a D&D game and it looks really entertaining. There's a DM behind the scenes of that movie keeping a straight face while switching between "&%$£ it, I'll allow it" and "are you sure you want to..." I'm ok with Hasbro focusing on movies that showcase the entertaining antics that a DM-less VTT experience can never provide. We can only hope they'll see the value is in their actual IP and an engaged community...

I agree that some of the humor felt a bit... lazy.
But it still looks fun.

Is there a way to cross-post or something news like this as forum posts in the Media section? That's were I kinda expected a discussion about the trailer, and I only noticed the news article by accident. (I admit, I haven't been around that much lately and am not really up to speed on how EN World works these days.)

I'm assuming you're in the "martials shouldn't break the laws of physics without magic" crowd then?
Kinda what I was thinking. Fighter, Barbarian, they still must be able to go toe-to-toe with fire-breating reptiloid beasts 5 times their size. If that doesn't result in physics-defying combat abiliites, I don't know what.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Im sure Ive heard "Whole Lotta Love" 8 billion times, and they used it all through this trailer. Was it me or at the 2:06 mark did it sound like they replaced Page's guitar with some D-league bar guitarist who plays Zeppelin covers, just sounded off to me? Thats what I took away from that trailer, so I'll wait for the VOD.
More likely a sound mixing issue by the trailer team than someone taking the trouble to license "Whole Lotta Love" and then not using it in its entirety.

ZeshinX

Adventurer
I find this exemplifies this movie quite well. Not a theatre movie for me, but something I might enjoy on streaming.

sillyplace.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases