D&D Movie/TV There's A New Trailer For D&D: Honor Among Thieves

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

As a Californian, I think this is of a piece with the rest: "prancing" feels like a coded word to me, maybe not in British English...
Hmm. In British English it's sort of more "annoying idiot"-coded than gay-coded, at least in my experience/vocab, but yeah California is rather different. Mincing would be gay-coded in the UK for sure.

Hmm. In British English it's sort of more "annoying idiot"-coded than gay-coded, at least in my experience/vocab, but yeah California is rather different. Mincing would be gay-coded in the UK for sure.
Possibly it's because I am older than you, but I am familiar with homophobic implications of "prancing" in British English. The boarding school I attended in the 1980s was a massively homophobic environment, and I've been the victim of homophobic bulling myself. But I can't say I've ever considered bards gay-coded. It was probably the Asterix comics that formed my negative view of bards. That and a general aversion to music.

I'm pretty sure I have heard anti-bard comments from female-identifying folk on this forum.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
For many folks, sadly, they combine the two ideas into one. To make it sound really really bad.

Remove ads

Remove ads