There's An Official Monty Python RPG Coming

Next month, Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (yes, that's it's real name) will appear on Kickstarter. In the game, players will carry out quests in medieval Britain using a new rules-lite game system. Characters incude knights, enchanters, royalty, monks, peasants, and more, each of which has 5 of 20 possible traits such as science, glibness, sorcery, and so on...

Next month, Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (yes, that's it's real name) will appear on Kickstarter. In the game, players will carry out quests in medieval Britain using a new rules-lite game system.

python_rpg.jpg

Characters incude knights, enchanters, royalty, monks, peasants, and more, each of which has 5 of 20 possible traits such as science, glibness, sorcery, and so on. The system has players rolling a die, the size of which is determined by the 'silliness' of the trait's level.

In place of a GM, the game features the Head of Light Entertainment.

You can read more about it over on Dicebreaker.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Oh man, if there's ever a Hitchhikers RPG, it definitely needs to require a tetracontadigon for important rolls. (Also, someone needs to make a tetracontadigon die.)

Of course, the name is a Hitchhiker quote.

This may never get played, but I am sure it will be a very run read, and I don't say that often about core rule books, so this will be bought. And depending on extras/stretch goals offered, this may be the first ever Kickstarter that I support. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This may never get played, but I am sure it will be a very run read, and I don't say that often about core rule books, so this will be bought. And depending on extras/stretch goals offered, this may be the first ever Kickstarter that I support. :)
Many years ago, Space Gamer (or maybe Fantasy Gamer) published "(Your Name) and the Holy Grail," a wildly illegal D&D adventure/campaign based on the movie. I never played it myself, but I toted around a photocopy of it for years, because it made me laugh so hard when I read it. If this is half as good, it'll be a lot of fun to own.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If your character cannot afford a horse or even coconuts, can you still travel using Silly Walks?

Haplo781

Legend
I've got a dark and terrible confession to make; I don't care for Monty Python very much. I accidentally blurted this out to a really cute redheaded girl when I was in high school, and I'm pretty sure any interest she had in my went out the window with that one statement. And it has been a number of years since I've heard any Monty Python jokes at the table which I am glad of. Still, I'm always happy to see a new RPG find an audience even if it's not for me. I sure didn't expect to see this any time soon though. Truly this is a golden age of RPGs.
Cute redheaded girl? Good grief.

Remove ads

Remove ads