There's An Official Monty Python RPG Coming

Next month, Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (yes, that's it's real...

Next month, Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (yes, that's it's real name) will appear on Kickstarter. In the game, players will carry out quests in medieval Britain using a new rules-lite game system.

python_rpg.jpg

Characters incude knights, enchanters, royalty, monks, peasants, and more, each of which has 5 of 20 possible traits such as science, glibness, sorcery, and so on. The system has players rolling a die, the size of which is determined by the 'silliness' of the trait's level.

In place of a GM, the game features the Head of Light Entertainment.

You can read more about it over on Dicebreaker.

Ulfgeir

Hero
And now for something completely different... ;)

I will check it out, not sure I will buy it though. And yes, I have seen the musical Spamalot, which is based on the Holy Grail-film.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I admit I just opened this thread for the jokes, but...

One player controls each session as the Head of Light Entertainment, standing in for the traditional RPG game master as a mixture of demanding television producer and overly-enthusiastic teacher. The Head of Light Entertainment is assigned one of 20 different personalities, from a sports fanatic or stuffy historian to a Member of Parliament, which can influence their decisions and trigger further dire consequences in response to the players’ actions. The Head of Light Entertainment can receive complaint letters as the result of some consequences, with the risk of replaced by another persona if things steer too far off course.

This seems more like an idea for a...Monty Python sketch than a working game mechanism. The complaint letters seems like it would be funny to watch a group with dramatic training doing, but would rapidly become irritating in actual play as the GM (er, HoLE) who has to constantly play new personalities.

It kind of reminds me of that indie RPG where you play gamers and there are rules for generating your gamer characters and their characters.

Remove ads

Remove ads