• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

Krishnath

First Post
Sliver Lord said:
Do sliver overlord next. Its description will include Lanareil, because it's from leigons. I like Lanareil so mch, he'll appear as an NPC in my campagin. Thanks for the insparation!
I have presented you the finest, rarest, most divine snackrifice ever-a tarrasque, ascended to greater deity-hood, with all templates applied to it.
Lanariel is a she, as in a female, and the next sliver will be the Spined. The Overlord is scheduled for last, I am not about to change the order just because people ask me to, it would set a bad predecent. And besides, I ain't finished with the overlord yet. :D

Law: Perhaps...

Edit: Argh! Forgot the color closer.

Krishnath,

I am merely a lurker, having just joined recently. But I must say, I love your Slivers (and other creations you've been part of). Thank you very much for your work and your passion. I'm thinking I might use your slivers at some point when I think my players might last more than 10 rounds. (heh!)

and now the snackages: 8 Rakshashas dressed up as the G-8 leaders, enjoy!

Krishnath

First Post
Colonelpuddinhead said:
Krishnath,

I am merely a lurker, having just joined recently. But I must say, I love your Slivers (and other creations you've been part of). Thank you very much for your work and your passion. I'm thinking I might use your slivers at some point when I think my players might last more than 10 rounds. (heh!)

and now the snackages: 8 Rakshashas dressed up as the G-8 leaders, enjoy!
Thanks.

*munch* *munch* *burp*

Damn, got fur stuck in my teeth.

Krishnath

First Post
And now, a sliver that makes other slivers harder to kill...

Presenting, the Spined Sliver:

-

Sliver, Spined
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
6d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30’, climb 30’,
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16,
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+10 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3) and bite +1 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: Improved Grab,
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 2/-, Shared Ability,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7,
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +11, Escape Artist +5, Jump +3, Listen +5, Move Silently +3, Spot +5, Swim +3, Tumble +3,
Feats: Alertness, Agile, Combat Reflexes,
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

Spined slivers are bred to be used as shock troops should the need arise.
A spined sliver has skin the color of rotting meat, shifting in blue, green and red hues. The slivers entire back, tentacles, and claw are covered in long spines in a variety of colors. The long spines that cover the slivers body also grant it excellent protection.

Combat:
Spined slivers a bred for combat, using their long spines and tentacles to grapple their opponents, so that other slivers can more easily attack them.
Improved Grab (Ex): If a spined sliver hits an opponent of at least small size or larger, it deals normal damage and may attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60’ of a spined sliver gain access to the spined slivers improved grab ability, and gains damage reduction 2/-.

-

Comments? Critique? Questions? Snackrifices?

Krishnath

First Post
Mithral Silverwave said:
One Water Elemental Snackrifice coming up! Great job!

Hmmm... since law is doing Incarnations, how about Myr or Kavus for your next project? ;)
Ah, thanks I was thirsty.

*gulp*

Mmm... Cherry flavor...

I will do neither the Myr nor the Kavu as quite frankly, I find neither interresting. But I am open for suggestions for other creatures.

Wolf72

Explorer
Krishnath said:
What? Me Talk English Guud! :p

Actually, english, as you might have noticed, is not my native tongue.

um nope, I work with those kids who've been suspended/expelled ... and despite only speaking/reading english ... suffice to say, yours is excellent (and your spelling is fine)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads