Thief seems overpowered to this new/old DM

abyssaldeath

First Post
It's an editing mistake. Cunning Escape is never explicitly listed as 4th level they just forgot to add level 5 to Cunning Escape. When you build your thief, he still gets it a level 5. There are similar mistakes like this for some of the other essentials classes as well.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
It's an editing mistake. Cunning Escape is never explicitly listed as 4th level they just forgot to add level 5 to Cunning Escape. When you build your thief, he still gets it a level 5. There are similar mistakes like this for some of the other essentials classes as well.

This is one of the things I wish they would fix in the Compendium -- if you look up the Thief, it shows all of the powers and features in order, but it doesn't tell you what level you get the features at.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Some features they do show the level, while others are just listed in order. It's a little confusing, highly irritating, and a huge fail on their part, since the mistake is repeated in multiple sources.

Sources that I pay for, under the value proposition that it allows me to have rapid access to accurate information.

Just something to notice:

a halfling artful dodger rogue is annoyingly hard to kill. Lost in the crowd more or less negates combat advantage and second chance also helps a lot.

If it were a human thief he would have been dropped easily.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Just something to notice:

a halfling artful dodger rogue is annoyingly hard to kill. Lost in the crowd more or less negates combat advantage and second chance also helps a lot.

If it were a human thief he would have been dropped easily.

Defensive Advantage and Uncanny Dodge (both paragon tier) could also help a lot. But Lost In the Crowd and Defensive Advantage only add to AC, so beware creatures that have other options.

Remove ads