Things I hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryonD

Hero
I have made no veiled attacks.

I have openly stated that grids ARE better when it comes to tactical combat. I stand by that. This is no claim that lack of a grid means you don’t play with tactics. It simply means that grids help. I see no reason that anyone should find that insulting. We have both agreed that this is a matter of preference. Two games with wildly different levels of wargaming can be just as fun.

Imagination on the other hand, I think most people will agree, it pretty much mandatory for a decent game.

So I don’t see a problem with my complaint of you stating over and over that people who use grids don’t use as much imagination. The fact that you state it, then deny it, then state it, then deny it just makes the argument bizarre.

I have quoted you time and again stating this position.
You complain that I am lawyering you to not see that you meant the opposite of what you said. I’ll wildly speculate here that, at first, you were somewhat annoyed that somebody said they hated not using a grid. So you responded with a bit of emotional attachment and (greatly) overstated the reality of your games, to make a point. I am sorry if it upsets you that I believed you.

It is interesting that after all of these posts and all of your contradictions, and now multiple claims that I am over analyzing your words, your final jab is to take a single statement from me out of context and misrepresent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads