Things you would gladly buy...

wakedown

Explorer
I'm sure this has been done before on ENworld, but I'm too lazy to look. :)

What are things you would gladly buy that you haven't found the book for yet?

(Maybe some of them already exist and the kind folks here can point us to them)

To kick it off...

Societies & Factions
Break this hardcover up into 4-5 chapters each covering a classic setting. Give me several pages of crunch and fluff on each of it's premiere societies, cults, groups, etc. Think Deities & Demigods, but instead of pantheons, political/social groups - and well... more importantly, done well. A chapter on Eberron groups, FR groups, Greyhawk groups, Dragonlance groups, etc. All the reknown ones. Give me the Red Wizards, the Silent Ones, the Church of the Silver Flame, the Knights of the Rose, the Circle of Eight (multiple versions), the Harpers, the Zhentarim, the Knights of the Hart, Scarlet Brotherhood, etc. I'll take org charts, history, internal politics, allies and enemies, feats, prestige classes, unique spells, codes, rituals, sayings & expressions.

Xombie Master

First Post
How about a couple that are actually supposed to be coming, but who knows when we'll see them:

Call of Cthulhu Dual Stat Creature Companion
While I prefer Basic Roleplaying Cthulhu, I do find that D20 CoC lends itself more to the Lumley style mythos story, where action is more important. This book would seriously help reivitalize both Cthulhu systems. I know a new creature book, called Malleus Monstrorum is in the works but chaosium can be slow at getting books out. Hopefully for all you D20 CoC GMs the book covers both systems.

Delta Green Dual Stat Hardcover
This is also in the works, and I can't be more excited for an RPG supplement. Delta Green is amazing. This one will be BRP and D20 compatible.

SLA Industries (New Edition)
This game is great, and the rumors continue to abound about it's rebirth.

And a few that are probably never going to happen:

Equipment Guide 3.5
Update the good stuff from the 3.0 guide, replace the bad with new material. Top it off with a complete Random Magic Item table, covering all the core, complete, and race series. They could even throw in side tables to cover the Realms, and Eberron books. I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Planescape D20
I own much of the 2nd Edition stuff, but would eagerly put down some loot on new stuff.

Tinner

First Post
D20 X-Com - Based on the classic PC game.
d20 Shadowrun - The old SR system had lots of flaws. The new sysem is interesting, but it's no d20 Modern.
d20 Marvel Super Heroes - Yeah, I know all about M&M, but that's d20 Champions IMO. I want a d20 version of the Grubb classic from the 80's.
d20 Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Yu Yu Hakusho - Basically a supernatural martial arts tournament game.

Looking at my list, I realize that I can run any or all of these with the existing books.
I would still pay cash for published versions that did most of the work for me.

EditorBFG

Explorer
  • Non-four color d20 superhero stuff (preferably M&M Superlink)
  • A new Exalted-- if they fixed the system the way they fixed World of Darkness
  • The aforementioned, never-gonna-happen Dark Matter book
  • The also aforementioned, so-obvious-I-should-be-playing-it-now Delta Green Cthulhu book
  • A new edition of Pendragon
  • A D&D book that featured generic, non-setting specific versions of elements from Eberron and maybe a little Forgotten Realms (Did I mention I'd like it OGC like most of Unearthed Arcana was?)
  • A truly appropriate setting book for Iron Heroes
  • A new system that rivals and often exceeds D&D the way Spycraft rivals and often exceeds d20 Modern (and I love d20 Modern, so that's saying a lot)
  • An actually scary horror adventure-- for any system
  • A d20 conversion of Unknown Armies
  • A Feng Shui sourcebook incorporating setting elements from Z-Man's Shadowfist card game (they're both set in the same universe, for pete's sake)
  • A WotC character option hardcover written cover-to-cover by Mike Mearls

GRIMJIM

First Post
Xombie Master said:
SLA Industries (New Edition)
This game is great, and the rumors continue to abound about it's rebirth.

You have, if things work out, Cannibal Sector One, Soft Companies, Hunter Sheets and a couple of planet guides at least to look forward to before the next edition :)

The Shaman

First Post
A much better d20 Past supplement for use with d20 Modern.

The d20 Critical Locations book we were teased with earlier this year.

A fully tricked-out d20 Modern vehicles supplement, or d20 Car Wars, which would likely have the same information.

EditorBFG

Explorer
The Shaman said:
A much better d20 Past supplement for use with d20 Modern.

d20 Past was kind of a letdown, wasn't it?

I can't put my finger on why, but it was-- except for the art. The art and design were lovely.

Remove ads