• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things you would gladly buy...

Nailom

First Post
D20 Highlander
A better Stronhold Builders Guidebook perhaps with a drawing programm on CD
A guide to war & siege
A guide to politics/law/government...
A good world builders guidebook

Aus_Snow

First Post
tetsujin28 said:
I tried. It's too much work.
So did I! . . . some time ago. :heh: However, it's something I'm never posting.

tetsujin28 said:
Palladium's Mystic China, believe it or not, is a really cool book.
:confused: I know next to nothing about Palladium stuff. What makes this one stand out?

Kris

Adventurer
I think I would prefer things to help DM's cut down on preparation time rather than new rules/options/settings etc... :)

For example... it may already have been done (possibly in earlier editions)... but I would like to see nice glossy NPC cards.

Kinda like the ones you get with the D&D minis - but with more of a MtG type look. They could have a nice colour pic on the front... with a few mannerisms/traits etc. beneath it, and a statblock on the back. Each of the things listed need be no more than a few words or sentences (Eg. Traits: Sincere, Kind hearted, Perfectionist; Mannerisms: Often strokes his beard whilst talking; Secret: Collects forbidden tomes...... etc.....)... just a few ideas to get you started... and they would be great for various town guards, inkeepers, merchants, beggars, shopkeepers, scholars, millers, farmers, etc.

Hell... they could even make them 'collectible' and I'd still give them a shot :D

Then if I needed to populate a small settlement quickly (or on the fly)... I could just pull out a few relevant cards, and put them all in a few of those clear folder things (that contain 9 pockets to put collectible cards in) - and I'd have a reasonable starting point... all ready to go in a matter of minutes.

Potential for 'expansion sets' could include similar cards for various settlements... just a picture and a brief 'boxed text' kind of description on the front, and the stat's on the reverse. A similar thing might be feasible for individual buildings too (but listing things like an inn's goods & prices, on the rear).

(note that this NPC card thing is something I do for my own games... but it obviously takes up time creating them in the first place... time that could be better spent on adventure plots etc...)

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Let's see,

The next edition of Mekton.

A Five Star Stories campaign setting for the next edition of Mekton.

D20 Rifts, heck even just a new system for Rifts that actually works.

The Greyhawk Campaign Setting

A really good generic space opera game. Traveller is just too dated and D20 Future just doesn't quite cut it (although third parties are starting to change that).

That's all I have off the top of my head.

Jack

schroederlance

First Post
I want to see an updated Greyhawk setting book of the scale and quality of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

After that, complete setting books for Birthright, Planescape and Dark Sun in that order. I would include Ravenloft in this as well, but Arthaus (white-wolf) did pretty well with the liscence while they had it and the setting doesn't need to be updated.

For more 'realistic' ideas...

I would love a book explaining how economies work under the assumptions given in the D&D core books. Expanded guidelines on how guilds and the various churches interplay with society on an economic level. And it would have to include a serious attempt at explaining how a DM could make a playable Low Magic setting while still using the Core Rules. (Like Grim Tales or Iron Heroes without such radical changes)

A good treatment on politics and ruling a country from any level. If a new Birthright setting book wouldn't be feasable, then a generic revision and expansion of the Domain ruling and War rules would be very welcome and useable in anyone's game. This could be useable by any DM so they could start a new campaign with a PC on the throne of Nyrond, Cormyr, or any other country in their homebrew.

I too want to see an updated and expanded Oriental Adventures using Kara-Tur for the default world setting. Rokugan can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

Also a 3.5 update to the Arabian Adventures would be welcome. Actually, a small line of Cultural supplements could be made. Oriental Adventures, Arabian Adventures, African Adventures, and People of the Sun (Aztec, Inca, Meso-american style).

What I DONT need is any type of compilation of Races, Feats or Prestige Classes. I can barely tolerate the amount of these in the books as it stands now, especially when 1/3 to 1/2 of campaign setting books are just more of the same players options that should have had their own books.(I'm looking at you FR. Someone please explain to me why the Waterdeep: City of Splendors book had so much character build stuff? That book needed to be titled 'Waterdeep: A Players Guidebook' and the intro would have read 'This sourcebook assumes that you own the three Core Books, The FR Campaign Setting, the Players Guide to Faerun, and the AD&D 2nd Edition "City of Splendors" boxed set.')

Keep the setting info (countries, groups, monsters) in books tailored for the DM and keep the new Races, feats, spells, and prestige classes in dedicated Players books.

Last edited:

X

xnosipjpqmhd

diaglo said:
modules written for OD&D(1974)
Hey, Diaglo, I few years back a wrote a couple of B/XD&D mods I can send ya. ;-) I thought about updating them to be publishable under SRD guidelines, but I'm basically just too lazy to give a damn. They're old school crawls meant for individual-scoring tournament play. Pre-gens are included, plus maps that can be blown up to scale on a copier, if yer into that sort of thing.

ironregime

X

xnosipjpqmhd

I would gladly buy...

Six good roleplayers who live near me and don't have much of a life. For rendering their creative services, they'd each receive $5 per game session (paid in drinks and snacks).

ironregime

I wouldn't mind something like FFG's Horizon line, only produced or licensed by WotC with the "dead" settings from before: Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, etc.

A new, well-done Stargate SG-1 game would be cool, now that AEG's game is dead.

I would buy a book that takes a look at magic the way Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs and Steel, Collisions) looks at history, anthropology, and biology.

I would buy a campaign book based on Ray Feist's novels, since they were supposedly inspired by a D&D game.

I would like to see a setting based on Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, though I think it would be hard to do a good one.

I would love a computer game based on Babylon 5 Wars the way one was based on Star Fleet Battles. Not gonna happen, but I would like it...

I would buy more Buffy books from Eden Studios, if they ever produce any more.

Still waiting for Papers and Paychecks...

Remove ads