• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things you would gladly buy...

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
GUDDS (Generic Universal Dungeons & Dragons Setting): A D&D world designed and written by people who know what they're doing. A setting where England's Midlands aren't stretched out in an attempt to fill Asia.

Chatting with Persepolis: A guide to the effects of D&D style magic on history and societal development.

Adapt or Die: How to defeat an enemy who could kick your ass in a stand-up fight.

If It Weren't For the Gopher Holes, You'd Still Have the Wolves: Adventuring on the high plains.

Getting Steamrollered: What really happens when something 5 times your size runs you down. (Real story: I'm something like 340 pounds in weight. One day, as I was standing around deciding on where to go next, a 120 pound woman travelling at about 10 miles an hour ran into me. She bounced back some 5 feet and landed on her tush. I helped her up, made sure she was okay, and she hurried off once more. But much slower this time.)

On Culture: Or why the elves from West Sidheland have different skills than the elves from East Sidheland.

Dweomer Deals: A guide to what a person's really going to find in a magic shop. (cf Chatting with Persepolis)

Jail Time: How the presence of divination magic and psychic abilities affects legal systems. (cf Chatting with Persepolis)

And that's where I ran out of ideas.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
EditorBFG said:
d20 Past was kind of a letdown, wasn't it?

I can't put my finger on why, but it was-- except for the art. The art and design were lovely.

The word you're looking for is, "sketchy". "Shallow", "thin", "insubstantial", and "a 96 page outline" work too. :)

Li Shenron

Legend
wakedown said:
What are things you would gladly buy that you haven't found the book for yet?

I'm not sure this count for your poll, but what I'd gladly buy nowadays are simply new setting 3ed corebooks for Al-Qadim, Planescape and perhaps something totally new.

Hussar

Legend
My 2 cp.

A book detailing trade and commerce in a fantasy world. Not just your local stuff, but trade across continents a la the Silk Road and such. How does it work? What effects do different levels of magic have on trade? And, how do I figure out how much that cart full of turnips we just hauled for fifty miles is worth?

Nailom

First Post
Planescape 3.5
The Planescape Sketchbook
X-Com RPG
Hero Quest d20 ;)
Complete Item Cards - coming soon
Non Randomized Plastic Minis
A good Errata for Iron Heroes
e-adventure Tiles - River / Castle / Village / Magmadungeon
Digital Tools that really help being a DM (a good NPC Generator)
Game Books that don't ad Crunch but flavor to the Game
Game help. Digital or for playing on the table that help running complex encounters without forgetting about this +2 bonus, this spell ending in 2 rounds or the Spell Resistance of opponent number 5.
Really good adventures. (This does exclude RttToEE) They can be short or long. If they're good I'm happy about it.

Edit: A good book that fixes D20 Economics and helps creating citys.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
D20 Pokémon
D20 Red Steel Harback
D20 Spelljammer Hardback
D20 Mystara Hardback
D20 Buck Rogers Hardback
D20 Modern Magitech Campaign Hardback
D20 Future Star*Drive Campaign Hardback
D20 Cyberscape, Vol. II

EDIT: Sytemless World Builder's Guidebook

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
A d20 version of Mystara done by someone who knows Mystara. What's his name, the guy who wrote the stories about the flying ship in Dragon.

Something like the Immortals rules from that for d20. (Mongoose's book was a disappointment)

Genre books for Spycraft 2.0. Mostly space, the past, and a paranormal one. Spycraft 2.0 fits my personal tastes much better than d20 Modern, so I'd like to see it as a viable substitute.

A mass combat and stronghold/domain management rules system. These exist, but I don't like any of them.

d20 conversions of various console and computer RPGs. In particular, the Ogre Battle series

Something like OGL Ancients, only based on Rome. And one for China, too.

I wouldn't buy it, since it would be free, but I'd like a greatly expanded SRD

At the very least, I'd like the unearthed arcana stuff put on it, and some of the expanded effects from the environment series.

Ideally I'd like some (or all) of the monsters from MM2, MM3 and FF put on there as well. It would enable 3rd parties to use them in adventures.

At the moment, Wizards are complaining there aren't enough 3rd party adventures out there. Personally, I write adventures every week for my D&D group, but I couldn't publish them (even at a price low enough to match my talent - say a dollar each on PDF) as they've generally all got a few non-SRD monsters in them. I imagine there must be thousands of people in the same position.

Aryoche

Explorer
GRIMJIM said:
You have, if things work out, Cannibal Sector One, Soft Companies, Hunter Sheets and a couple of planet guides at least to look forward to before the next edition :)

That will be sweet, especially Cannibal Sector One. The HardCover edition of the rules is nice, but we need more books, more source, more BPN's, more...
Back on Topic...

A D20 Shadowrun would be nice.
A D20 Dark*Matter would be GREAT.

A Conversion (or full blown D20 Version) of Kult would be amazing in my book.
And I'll Second the Unknown Armies suggestion.

Remove ads