• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things you would gladly buy...

shaylon

First Post
Ed Greenwood has mentioned a Forgotten Realms book that he wants to put out regarding all sorts of information about towns. Writs, Penal system, Guilds, Court manners, documents, etc. I would buy this if it came to light. I think that these types of things are often overlooked or glossed over. I hope he makes it someday.

Other than that I will gladly buy the Spell Compendium coming out, and Fiendish Codex I is on the list as well. Oh, also, good, reasonably priced, adventures.

-Shay

wingnut_dc

Explorer
A book on cultures. Something that has several dozen sketched out (no more than 2-3 pages a piece) that could be easily incorporated into anyone's homebrew world.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Hmmm...lots of good ideas here.

Greyahwk Campaign Setting: A one shot book to pull together and update the Greyhawk setting in a manner similiar to the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting book. Included Background/regional feats, PrCs, organizations, etc...

Expanded Oriental Adventurers: While I like some of the stuff coming out next year, I'd still rather see this book than almost any of those (except Complete Arcane).

The Merchant Trade: Something that focuses on gaining gold through the use of merchant backgrounds and options but has enough options to keep it actually interesting in game play ranging from stuff like the Coffee Trader by David Liss to the earlier stuff by Raymond Feist in one of his demon war series.

Psionics Support: I enjoyed Hyperconscious and would love to see a sequel.

Complete Dragonstar OGL edition

Mythos Monsters: Take all the baddies possible in a full color book and make it d20. Forget dual stats. Give the BRP people their own book free of the d20 taint and give the d20 fans what they want. Beautifully illustrated hardcovers with John Cooper as the editor to insure good game stats.

Tinner said:
I would have said that I really want a Discworld LARP book, but I think I can pull it off with Ronin Arts Vs. Monsters and the GURPS stuff.

A d20 Discworld would be good though.
Mmmm...d20 Discworld.

But I still want d20 Dune.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Politics, Trade, Banking, and Law: A book that would give structure and form for these areas of a campaign setting. I get the feeling most DMs just fall back on an eye-for-an-eye or fine PCs off the hip when laws are broken.

Planar Locations: These could be in book or adventure format. Just interesting places amongst the planes. In Sep's SH there was a fortress of blood floating in Limbo. When I read that I thought what a neat idea! I wish there was a book full of these kinds of things. You could stat up some denizens and a BBEG or two but leave the motivations completely nebulous. A DM could then drop this into an existing campaign VERY easily.

The Twilight Lands (ala Draconomicon): A high-quality resource on all things fey - not elven - and how to incorporate a more traditional fairey tale aspect into your game. Yes, I know about the articles on the WotC website; I would still want an actual book.

Survival Guide: The best chapters out of Frostburn, Stormwrack, and Sandstorm are the ones detailing the hazards of mother nature. I kept thinking to myself as I read them that a single book that addressed all of these different climates (without the proliferation of yet more feats, skills, and PrCs) would be a great resource for DMs.

Unerathe Arcana II: Because I just LOVE DM toolboxes. The first one was one of the best gaming books I've ever bought.

War: A book that not only covered mass combat but supply lines, but command structure, battlefields of various kinds (both mundane and magical), morale, fatigue, overland movement, food consumption, etc. At the same time, trying to keep things flowing as fast as possible.

Tinner

First Post
I would really like to see someone come up with a piece of software that lets me build classes.
It would need to have a "wizard" interface that asked what BAB progression, save progression etc. to use.
It would ideally have all the SRD standard class features, feats, etc. pre-loaded, so I could add them to my new class with one click. Of course there would be a simple interface for adding my own homebrew class features as well.
I'd want it to then generate visual output that I could copy and paste into a standard office program and print.
E-tools helper does some of this, but if there were a product a little more robust, and a little more user friendly I'd pay a bundle for it.

Remove ads