Those funny n00bies

Aurora

First Post
IamTheTest said:
That is funny. More importantly, I dont suppose all these Dayton players could use one more? Ive been looking for a group as mine disbanded.
We are nearing the end of a campaign that has been going on for 4 years, so that + we are taking holiday time off makes now not a good time to jump in. In February we'll be hosting a gameday at the gaming store in Fairborn. Try your best to make it so we can all meet you and discuss this further. Sound good? :D

IamTheTest

First Post
Aurora said:
We are nearing the end of a campaign that has been going on for 4 years, so that + we are taking holiday time off makes now not a good time to jump in. In February we'll be hosting a gameday at the gaming store in Fairborn. Try your best to make it so we can all meet you and discuss this further. Sound good? :D

Sounds great, I dont suppose you have a story hour or something akin that I could read?

icedrake

Explorer
Not a nub moment, but still funny.

I have a reputation with my playgroup for putting too much backspin on my d20 rolls and dropping them from too high up. One session, a die bounced off the table and into the drinking glass of the person next to me. Needless to say he wasn't exactly pleased but the whole group had a good laugh out of it. When it happened a few sessions later, it was still a golden moment, when it happened for a third time...

Anyway, I can't recall exactly how many times I've done this, but I've done it enough to have my group joshing me several years after the fact when we get togeher to hang out. We played for years in high school and we've all been in college for a while now and game over breaks together.

Aurora

First Post
IamTheTest said:
Sounds great, I dont suppose you have a story hour or something akin that I could read?
Go up to my first post in this thread and you'll see a link to the SH in my sig. :D

IcyCool

First Post
GwydapLlew said:
She is preparing spells one day and looks up and says, "What does control water do?"

Our response, "It controls water."

Reminds me of a friend I used to game with. The party is getting it's butt handed to it, and the player of the cleric is kinda just standing there.

Players: "Do something! Cast a spell or hit something!"
Cleric: "I don't know what to do! What spell should I cast?"
Players: "How about Slay Living."
Cleric: "I don't know what that does."
Players: "It slays the living!"

Or better yet, the same player had some of the strangest lines of questioning. Like this gem:

Player: "Are they wearing pants?"
Other Players: "What?"
Player: "Well, they might be asian."

And there's two made famous by the player of the bard in the Planescape game I ran:

Player (asked whenever we encountered a foe, so that he could apply the appropriate modifiers from his +1 holy evil outsider bane bow): "Are they evil? Are they an Outsider? Are they an Evil Outsider?"

And the roleplay portion of his bluff check (check result = mid 40's) when trying to get in to see the Apothecary of Sin: "We need to get something apothecaried."

Remove ads