• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thoughts for new character

SolosAddie

Explorer
Starting a new character, for Second Darkness campaign.

I'm really taken with the idea of a barbarian/cleric of some type, going for travel and liberation domains with a spring attack type of route with the high movement i'll be getting.

Any thoughts on levels per class, or viability of the build in general would be appreciated. Stick pretty much to core pathfinder, though 3.5 can usually be DM approved.

thank you.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Playing a warrior/spellcaster can be a challenge. Which do you see yourself falling more upon? It sounds like mobility and getting into the thick of things quickly and efficiently is a top priority for the character.

Human would probably work the best if you wanted to get Spring Attack early (as the feat requirements are steep for non-Fighters). Then again, half elf would extend the benefits of multiclassing the most. A dwarf would make for a sturdier, wiser (but less charismatic) character, and as long as the clr/brb wore medium armor, wouldn't suffer any penalties for the lower base speed due to the dwarf racial abilities. OTOh, if you planned on wearing light armor, this would be antithetical to your concept.

As far as spells go, we've found that Enlarge Person mixed with Bull's Strength and a Greatsword has been working well for our Cleric (single-classed, but with the War domain). Before I allowed the player a rebuild, the character was a Clr2/Ftr with Two-weapon fighting and a two-bladed sword, the player felt he was very sub-prime.

Chronologist

First Post
Barbarian/Bard is also a fun way to go, but playing a multiclass caster is tough no matter how you run it. Be prepared, no matter what you choose to do, for other characters to outshine you in raw ability.

Remove ads