Thoughts on Redeeming Light and Corruption (Please Read)

reiella

Explorer
Would be a bit reluctant on that length, as it would make mind thief/right of domain too easy to activate...

At Tier 5 (where's it's first gotten)

Dark w/0 Mind Thief: 1 Style, 2 Locations, 2 Poison Blades, Sneaky Trick (Useful), 2 Dirty Tricks, Foul Spirit, Master of Shadows
Dark w/Full Mind Thief: 6 Styles, 2 Locations, 2 Poison Blades, Sneaky Trick (Useful), 2 Dirty Tricks, Foul Spirit, Master of Shadows

Light w/0 Right : 3 Styles, 0 Locations, 2 Mastery, 1 Chi Strike, 1 Purity of Focus, Master of Emotions, Holy Day, Pure Spirit (Hurts)

Light w/Full Right: 3 Styles, 5 Locations, 2 Mastery, 1 Chi Strike, 1 Purity of Focus, Master of Emotions, Holy Day, Pure Spirit (Hurts)

Yakuza at Tier 5: 2 Styles, 6 Locations, 1 Poison Blade, Sneaky Trick (Not Useful), 2 Dirty Tricks

Honored at Tier 5: 8 Styles, Master of Movement, Emotions, Shadows, 1 Mastery, 1 Chi Strike, 2 Fist of Fury

Doesn't look like too much of a problem except comparing the Dark to the others however, and also considering what may be the possible replacement for RL/C.

MidKnight

First Post
Hmmm... Not sure what you mean about activating MT/RoD becoming too easy. It would be just the same as it is now, sans the Corruption/Redeeming Light portion. You would still have to declare the extra round and win it. Perhaps we should keep the penalties for failure just like they are now if you fail RL/C. This would keep the MT/RoD attempts down to a more manageable level.

As far as what the Light/Dark end up with for sig locations/styles - it's the same as it is right now.

Guess I could see just dumping the RL/C powers - they aren't very useful anywho...

reiella

Explorer
Hehe, my point is, it's fairly difficult to get fights now where you could use Mind Thief etc because of RL/C being needed to activate it.

MidKnight

First Post
Ok, I see where you're coming from...

But is it supposed to be that way? Was it supposed to be hard to get the extra sig styles/locations as compared to the other paths getting everything upon gaining that tier? Dark/Light fighters don't get it all at once - we have to earn it by winning. So if we agree to not use RL/C, we are further handicapping ourselves by hindering our ability to gain powers that the other paths already have.

All I'm trying to do is remove that handicap and allow Dark/Light paths to get the powers they were meant to get without having to destroy other player's character concepts to do it.

reiella

Explorer
Well, at least from the comments I made on the posts on the old boards about this, it did seem so.

It was felt that Dark/Light (well at least specifically Dark) were balanced without Mind Thief, and that the inclusion of it as a power was fairly insignificant as it was somewhat difficult to actually get to activate....

If it does become fairly easy to activate, then the Dark just flat out is better than Yakuza at Tier 5. More signatures total, with more of them being Signature Styles as opposed to Locations, more use activated powers (the same ones too), a modifier bundle, foul spirit, and some use of sneaky trick...

As I said though, tad less concerned with the light in this respect.

Remove ads