• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thoughts on the Geomancer

Quickbeam

Explorer
Since most of us can agree that multiclassing with levels of divine and arcane spellcasters is generally counterproductive, I wanted your thoughts on this PrC.

IMO, the Geomancer PrC does a very good job of granting powerful, attractive, benefits which help mitigate the spilt spell progression. Whaddya think?

Tsyr

Explorer
I like the Geomancer. In one campagin I'm working in, I've got a sorc/druid geomancer who is slowly turning into a cat-person.

The side effect is fun :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Quickbeam said:
Since most of us can agree that multiclassing with levels of divine and arcane spellcasters is generally counterproductive

I can't really agree until I know your reasoning behind this statement. Multiclassing in general can be counterproductive, if by counterproductive you mean it causes a character have its abilities and powers diluted in relation to single-classed characters of the same character level. A spellcaster that multiclasses into the opposite form of spellcasting class won't ever have access to the highest level spells (except at epic levels, maybe), but he/she will have a wide breadth of spells at his/her disposal.

Not being argumentative, really; I just don't exactly know what is meant by that statement.

StealthyMark

First Post
A 20th level Geomancer (e.g. Wiz7/Clr3/Geo10) casts arcane spells as a 17th-level wizard and divine spells as a 3rd-level cleric. He can convert all of his 1st- and 2nd-level spells, including arcane spells, to cure spells. While wearing full plate and shield. He adds his Int bonus to his saving throw DCs for divine spells. He has more skill points (+20), more hit points (+10) and a better BAB (+2), compared to a Wiz17/Clr3. And some cool special abilities (Scent, Blindsight, Tremorsense).

Crothian

First Post
This class seems more of one that you'd build a character to take it instead of just causually aquiring. Very interesting from a concept point of view. It'd make a great NPC as well as very interesting PC. The class has some great potential.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads