• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrane strike force. RAIDERS OF AUNDAIR STAY OUT

Dekana

Explorer
That sounds right. I'd assume that we want to remain invisible long as long as possible, despite being detected. It wouldn't do much good to land on the tower one by one so we could be picked off.

Eidalac

Explorer
Indeed.

Bonal isn't the type to break from the plan, spotted or not.

Plus the fact that they haven't cast/shot anything at us yet is a pretty big give that they haven't directly spotted us.

Right now, we have to decide on who we hit firsts: The guys on the ship or the bridge.

I'm personally inclined to attempt to raise the bridge first, as the others are close enough to get up it before we would finish the first pair off.

But it all kinda depends on the mechanism of the ramp itself.

DrZombie

First Post
You have a wooden bridge that is attached to the tower (looks like half a bridge). Then you have a gangway that's attached to the ship that can be pulled up. The gangway overlaps the bridge for 5'. There's about 10' between the edge of the bridge and the ship. I hope that you understand what I mean.

Zurai

First Post
DrZombie said:
Boys 'n girls, since you're all in the invisibility sphere moving together, you're all under NMF's initiative, which is 6. Correct?

Well, technically, we could all have waited for the highest initiative (mine at 23, I believe) if we're really going to have to all settle for the same init roll.

Am I reading the map right, and the ship is between us and the tower?

Regardless, Armament will continue double-moving at 40'/round until he gets into range to attack.

Eidalac

Explorer
We are east of the ship, which is itself east of the tower.

So, we are 60' from the ship, about 105' from the guys on the ship and, roughly, 160' from the ramp. Either target we go for, we have 2 more rounds of double moves to get into range.

Kaodi

Hero
Considering the options, Valderion points towards the ramp and makes a motion with his hands as if he were going to pull it up.

DrZombie

First Post
Code:
..ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
01...................................................................................
02...................................................................................
03...................................................................................
04....................................................................................
05....................................................................................
06....................................................................................
07............................/..\.....................................................
08........................../......\...................................................
09......................../....BB...\.................................................
10....................../............\................................................
11..................../_______________\...............................................
12...................I....SS...........I............................................
13...................I.................I............................................
14......__...........I................ I............................................
15..../.... \______..I.................I...........................................
16...I.H....I......F.I.....HHH.........I............................................
17...I..K...I______..ID....HHH.........I.............................................
18....\ __ /.........I.....HHH.........I.............................................
19...................I.................I............................................
20.............XXXXXXX................XXXXXXX....................................
21...................I.................I.............................................
22...................I..gJ.............I...........T.................................
23...................I....A............I.............................................
24...................I.................I.............................................
25...................I_SS______________I.............................................
26....................I................I..............................................
27.....................\............../................................................
28......................I.....BB....I...............................................
29.......................\_________/.................................................
30....................................................................................
31...................................................................................
32.....................................................................................
33.....................................................................................

H  hatch
BB Ballista
SS stairway
XXXXXXX : support beams for the elemental ring.
A unarmored guy
g Small creature
J Unarmored guy
D Armored
F Armored
K Armored

The two armored figures from the tower run towards the hatch. The unarmored figure that went inside comes back outside.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Zurai said:
Well, technically, we could all have waited for the highest initiative (mine at 23, I believe) if we're really going to have to all settle for the same init roll.

Am I reading the map right, and the ship is between us and the tower?

Regardless, Armament will continue double-moving at 40'/round until he gets into range to attack.
Doesn't really matter.

Just tell me where the group is going.

Eidalac

Explorer
I say keep going as we are - we'll need one more round to arrive at either target, and a double more directly west will put us in striking distance of either one.

Remove ads