• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Thread Game] D&D Monsters A-Z

Jhaelen

First Post
Hezrou:
hezrou.jpg
(also one of my favorite pieces of art in the 4e era!)

In my 3e campaign the party had a very memorable encounter with a group of three Hezrou that almost ended in a TPK:
When the party was sneaking around outside of an apparently abandoned Lolth temple in the Underdark, they were spotted by a Hezrou guard.
The Hezrou summoned its allies and they teleported over to the party. Then, each combat round one of them cast a Blasphemy spell, while the rest pounded on the pcs, cast Chaos Hammer or Unholy Blight, in addition to their nasty Stench aura...
I don't even recall how they managed to withdraw from that fight without everyone dying... One of my players later told me, he considered this one of the scariest encounters in the campaign.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
humorous goofy entry

The malicious Jeeves - source of the heevy jeevies

Attachments

• jeeves.jpg
    jeeves.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 247

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Never mind. it is the second spelling because this is a leper-con​

Attachments

• leper-con.jpg
    leper-con.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 229

owl.jpg

OWL

Story of how how I have used an Owl-

Tired of the "All stories begin in a Tavern" motif I strive to do otherwise.

In a story I did, PCs were walking peacefully minding their own business when an owl messenger swooped over head calling out. As the PCs watched it was shot down by an archer. Then the archer, seeing he was spotted, began firing on the PCs. They took him out then sought the owl. The adventure began by them returning the dead owl and its message to the NPC whom was in danger and hired the PCs for protection.

Remove ads