• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TiCaudata's Mish Mash Campaign

TiCaudata

First Post
Alrighty here folks, for those of you watching from home, this is the new thread of those of us participating in Dichotomy's AoW's thread. In part, this is to get Dichotomy some playing time. In part, it is to have a more free form set of adventures. I will be chosing adventures to fit where I see the overall campaign going. My hopes are that the characters will progress through IC interaction to help shape the campaign. I am NOT looking for a hack n slash game. I am also not particularly looking for a heady story dominated game.

We will see how well it works out.

OC Thread

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=Di]Angrod has recently scored a moderate haul of some sunrods and a couple spare flasks of oil. Worried that the authorities might be hot on his trail, Angrod hits the road, crossing between a wilderness area between two already remote towns. About half-way through, he realizes that a storm is bearing down on him. Looking around, he sees a large hill to the north with a stone outcropping on top of it. Maybe he will be able to find shelter amongst the rocks.[/sblock]
[sblock=O3]Kote has wandered as the winds have taken him. Currently, he is traveling between to remote towns as he notices a wind building up into a storm. To his south he sees a large hill with a stone outcropping on top of it. As he thinks back a few nights, he recalls a bard singing in the common room. The song involved the story of a young bard who had found himself in just such a hill during a storm, alongside a female green dragon. While the storm blew itself out, the bard invoked "Storm-Peace" and spent the night singing for the dragon, before continuing on his journey the next morning.

Invoking Storm-Peace is a simple affair, essentially one traveler greets another by asking "Storm-Peace?" If the other party seems ignorant of the tradition, the first briefly explains that travelers often hole up in shallow caves to wait a storm out, regardless of race or creed. After the storms pass, the travelers peacefully split ways for a day before rekindling old hatreds.[/sblock]
[sblock=MN]Logan is currently between jobs traveling through a remote countryside. About midday, he notices that the wind starts picking up, and sees the telltale signs of a particularly nasty storm brewing. To the west he spies a large hill with a stone outcropping on top of it. He recalls, vaguely, stories of travelers holing up in shallow caves to wait a storm out, regardless of race or creed. After the storms pass, the travelers peacefully split ways for a day before rekindling old hatreds.[/sblock]
[sblock=Wo]Ava has been traveling from town to town looking for even the barest hint of a rumor of the necromancer. While she is traveling between two remote towns, a particularly nasty storm appears to be building up to the south and heading her way. Townsfolk in the last town warned Ava that it was the storm season and that if she sees one buliding it would be best to find whatever shelter is available and to invoke "Storm-Peace" if anything else was present. She also spies a large hill in the distance, maybe some shelter could be found there?[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ti]Damn! Angrod thinks to himself. I need to keep moving. But I guess a storm will make my trail harder. Not that a blubbering goblin wouldn't be able to guess my direction out in the middle of nowhere.

The elf nearly resolves himself to keep moving, but considers again. If my blasted outfit gets ruined, it could take me a week or more to replace it. Damn!

Angrod looks at the path ahead, looks behind him, and glances at the outcropping. For a good minute, the elf is paralyzed by indecision. He shakes his head and hustles up the hill to the north.
[sblock=OOC]So, are you just giving me free loot? ;) [/sblock][/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=Ti]'Blasted storms....' Kote mumbles to himself. Pulling his cloak a bit tighter he starts the accent.

'Storm-peace or no, i hope there isn't a dragon up here.'[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
[sblock]"Always with the weather. No wonder my clan likes to stay underground..." Logan mutters to himself, changing course toward the hill.

As he nears it, he stalks from tree to tree, knowing that any other travelers would likely also seek shelter. As the trees thin out, he gives up his attempt at stealth and calmly approaches the crest.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
[sblock=Ti]Ava hurrys to the hill, searching for shelter. Once She then starts at the closest, and knocks on the door. (If it's an inn, tavern, etc. She'll go right in) She'll continue to progress until she finds one she can get in. (Either by someone inviting her in, or if noone answers, entering on her own.)[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
The massive tor towers above the surrounding country. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.
[sblock=MN]As Logan approaches the tor he notices chunks of stone lying around the doorway that appear to have once been a seal of some sort over the door.[/sblock]
[sblock=Di]As Angrod approaches the tor he notices chunks of stone lying around the doorway that appear to have once been a seal of some sort over the door.[/sblock]
[sblock=O3]Kote stumbles up the hill to the tor. As he approaches he sees the door before him. It looks to be shut tightly, but he doesn't believe it would take much to open it. After testing the door gently, he finds it swings quite easily and hurries inside. The door easily glides shut after he enters the room, leaving him in darkness. He quickly lights a lantern.

The stone chamber beyond the entrance measures at least ten paces square. Peeling paint and broken scrollwork suggest that it was once decorated with some care, but now only dust remains. Three massive stone doors—one each to the left and right, and one directly across from the entrance—lead deeper into the tor.[/sblock]
[sblock=Wo]Ava hurries up the hill and spies the door. She knocks on the door and awaits any response.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=Ti] Once the lantern is lit, I'll take a look around. See if the other doors are ajar at all. No need to open any yet.

"Anyone home?" he half whispers, not really attempting to get anyones attention.

He looks for a suitable place to ride out the storm and makes himself comfortable. Pulling out some food for him and the ferret, who emerges from a fold in his cloak as Kote clicks his tongue softly. [sblock=oc]She's(the ferret without a name, yet) obviously skiddish, and sounds of people and thunder would probably cause her to dark back into hiding.[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads