• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TiCaudata's Mish Mash Campaign

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=Ti & Di]You see a short, quite rotund human male. Dressed in fine, overly large black clothes that embellish his weight to some degree. He wears a very dirty and ratty looking blue hat that doesn't fit his outfit. What hair remains on his head, and the patchy hair on his face, is perhaps a few months long, and salted with gray. His dark brown eyes are alert and inquisitive. He has no visible weapons, other than a tall walking stick leaning in the corner near his quite empty backpack.

"Ah. No, Please stay!" he says in elven, extending his free hand in a gesture of friendship. "I only just got here myself, and there's more than enough room. I don't have anything worth stealing, if that's what you're about, but we can share a fire for now."

"My name is Kote, son. And this is..... ah.... Heedy."
he finishes gesturing to the ferret on his arm.
[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=MN]Logan notices a fresh set of tracks going through a puddle. He quickly loses them among the rocks, but they appear to be heading towards the doorway.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Carefully, then, the dwarf approaches the door. After opening the latch, he quickly kicks it open and sees what he can inside.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ti & o3]As Kote greets the elf in his native tongue, and extends his kind welcome, the elf's visible apprehension begins to fade. However, at the mention of stealing things, the quiet young man becomes slightly antsy.

"No... no stealing. Just me wanting to stay dry. Fire would be good though. Ummm..." the elf pats down his pockets, "Good thing you have one, since I've got no flint 'n steel."

The elf moves to the other side of the fire, sets down his bow, and almost gets himself seated before quickly jumping up again. "Oh, sorry," he says, offering his hand. "I'm Angrod." After Kote accepts or rejects his handshake, the elf timidly waves at Heedy.[/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=Ti & Di]"Ah. It would seem i have something worth stealing. Perhaps it IS necessary to invoke 'Storm-Peace'" Kote says, shaking Angrod's hand and chuckling to himself.

"I jest Angrod. You seem like a safe-enough fellow. Have a seat, that storm looked quite vicious. We may be here a while. You actually remind me of a student i had once. Bright kid. What was his name..... Always sneaking around scaring other students. I remember one time, he actually hid under the headmasters desk for over a day, just to frighten him. Too bad really, he was a good kid...."[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ti & o3]"'Storm-Peace.' Yes, I know it," Angrod replies to Kote's remark.

After Kote finishes speaking of his one-time student, the elf chuckles and asks, with genuine interest, "What happened to him?" The elf rifles a moment through his backpack, as though looking for something, but he stops with a frown, apparently not finding what he sought. But he turns back to the human, with obvious concern about the plight of the student.
[sblock=Ti]He CAN'T be the law, unless I'm an idiot. I wonder if this kindly old man has any food...[/sblock][/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=all but Wo (Sorry)]As Kote starts to speak again, Angrod's ears perk up to the sound of the latch on the door. Before he can react however the door is kicked open, revealing a dwarf.

For the dwarf's part, he looks into the room and sees a human and an elf talking to each other in the northwest corner of the stone chamber beyond the entrance. The room measures at least ten paces square. Peeling paint and broken scrollwork suggest that it was once decorated with some care, but now only dust remains. Three massive stone doors—one each to the left and right, and one directly across from the entrance—lead deeper into the tor.[sblock=oc]Aaaaaand.... GO! I sent a map to each of you of the room.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ti & o3 & mn]The elf is an obviously youthful (the equivalent of 15-year-old) male sitting on the floor near a fire. Though his explorer's outfit, leather armor, and longbow look well-cared-for, the rest of him looks disheveled. He is slight, even for an elf, and somewhat dirty. Though his dirty blond hair is greasy and his face full of sorrow, his eyes are bright. He seems at once at the end of his rope and also on the verge of great possibility. But only time will tell which way the wind will blow.[sblock=OOC]I want to know what the dwarf looks like, so I can decide how Angrod might react to him.[/sblock][/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
[sblock=wes isn't important i guess]The dwarf stands in the sprinkles outside the door, dumfounded at the site within. The drops fall on the links of a chain shirt worn over whatever clothing he has but a cloak, as well as his armaments, a strangely crafted longbow and a large flail, which he holds in hand.

As he sees that the two within are apparently non-combative, he steps out of the rain and half-heartedly wipes the water from his face. Most stays in his full red beard, however. The beard matches the hair on his head, though that is a shade darker. His features change little from the initial look of surprise, only to scowl a bit. He moves a bit closer to the fire to make out the details of the others.

The stout, hearty fellow eventually draws himself up to his full height before stating, "You don't mind if I share the shelter" with only the hint of a question.[/sblock]

Remove ads