• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TiCaudata's Mish Mash Campaign

worthley

First Post
Ava interjects, "Excuse me mayor, but we mean to be no hinderance to you. We were just directed here for information on a shipment. We are more than willing to find the shipment on our own. We understand that you are an important man with many responsobilities, and would just like some direction in finding our shipment."

Dichotomy

Explorer
While Ava talks, Angrod digs with his pinky finger deep into his nose. The elf struggles a moment, and then a grin pops up on his face as he pulls out a crusty bit of snot. As Angrod flicks it onto the ground, he comments, a bit loudly, "If'n ya don' wanna hear people's problems, maybe ya shouldn't be a mayor..."

TiCaudata

First Post
The mayor looks slightly confused at the dwarf's words, but bristles at the elf's. "If you want any help finding your master's goods, maybe you should watch your tongue, urchin.

"Now, do you want work or are you just sightseeing?"

Dichotomy

Explorer
Angrod's face breaks into a crooked smile at the mayor's words.
[sblock=Ti]Marvelous! [not sarcastic] I've already got a great rapport with the mayor. This will go splendidly...[/sblock]
The elf shrugs nonchalantly. "I'm a kinda thinkin' we got work, already. That's why we're're." He nods at Ava with an "Ain't that what you just said" look on his face.
[sblock=OOC]Sorry... Not sure how better to describe an "Ain't that what you just said" look... I have to remember how Angrod talks. I'm just happy I remember his name...[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Ava seems unfazed by the mayor talking himself into circles and responds in her polite manner. "If you let us know what kind of work you need, we can see see if it is possible for us to handle while we are looking for our freight, as that is what brought us here." The look on the cleric's face remids you of the innocence and patience of a child waiting to find out if their mother will give in to their request for a sweet.

TiCaudata

First Post
The mayor's eyes roll up towards the sky as he starts muttering. The party can make out what appears to be a prayer, the words "protection" and "simpletons" are audible throughout the process. When he's done he takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly before addressing the party once more. "What ship?" (ooc: you know this info and I'm going to assume you just give it to him and move on...)

The mayor's brow furrows, "Of course it would be... Suddenly, his face brightens while he becomes visibly more cheerful. "Well! It looks like you might be in luck! The ship you are looking for isn't here, much like a number of other ships. It appears that all of them are supposed to be coming around the horn. The Johansanens run a lighthouse on the tip to keep ships off the reefs. It's a lonely existence out there for them, but the service the family has provided for the last 45 years is largely what has made this town successful. If anything strange has been happening they'd be the first to know.

"Now I don't know if any of you have noticed... but we are having a bit of a lizardfolk problem around here. Because of that I've been unable to spare any militia men to head over and check in with the lighthouse. However, since you're needing to find a ship that isn't here, maybe you'd be interested in doing that for me?"

o3caudata

First Post
"It would seem you could spare 1 rider to check on what made your town so successful. But you are correct, we'll most certainly go check on this lighthouse for information regarding our shipment. Where is this lighthouse? What else can you tell us about it?

TiCaudata

First Post
"1 rider!? With a swamp full of lizardfolk out there? First, riding is next to impossible on that terrain, and second he wouldn't make half way with the level of aggression these beasts are showing. I've sent a couple trappers, but they haven't returned. Whether that's because they met some foul end or they just decided to do something else, I'll never know. Can't trust trappers..." The mayor accents this statement by spitting.

"As for where..." (oc:The mayor draws out a map that's roughly the shape of Florida, he uses a rock to mark where you are (Tampa) and a stick where the lighthouse is (Palm Beach) ) "There are two ways to get there, by boat and by land. By land takes about 3...no 4 days with a dwarf...through the swamps. The swamps can be treacherous, you got panthers, crocs, lizardfolk, snakes, a decent trapper can find the trails that should avoid most problems, but it'll cost you. Ships are faster of course, you could make it in 2 days probably, but the captains are a bit skittish and it'll likely cost you quite a bit more."

Just then a page runs in yelling about another lizardfolk attack and the mayor rushes off, the audience is at an end.[sblock=oc]If anyone offers help the mayor will quickly, firmly, and politely refuse. Instead recommending that the group get moving.[/sblock]

Remove ads