D&D 3E/3.5 Time of Ages | Steampunk Spelljammer (UPDATED: March 2021)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I may mine your stuff for ideas for 5E anyway. My idea for Spelljamming ships is more age of steam anyway, sort in the mold of Jim Butcher's Aeronaut's Windlass.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Some new posts on my Spelljammer Gone Wild blog related to Time of Ages...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here are a couple of new posts related to Rielun's moon, Jarad, which is a sub-setting I call Magiclight.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My latest post delves into the Fey of Rielun and where they can be found on the world...

Decided to post the full text below since I consider it an important add to the world. -KF

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mushroom Houses of the Fey
The Wildlands of Malecade are a strange and varied place and there is a strong magical force that protects the expansive forests and plains of the continent. While clockworks and steamcraft items often fail, spectacularly, while within the Wildlands, nature magic is greatly enhanced. Thus, these lands can be considered enchanted and very feylike, so it isn’t surprising that the continent of Malecade is home to a wide number of fey creatures. Rielun doesn’t have numerous numbers of large or larger land-based fey creatures such as ragewalkers, treants, and unicorns, but it does have every type of small or smaller faerie creature you can think of such as fremlins, grigs, jermlaines, nixies, petals, pixies, quicklings, redcaps, sprites, thorns, etc. (Note that some [but not all] Medium-sized fey tend to be ‘Steampunk’ in style on Rielun including glaistigs, nymphs, satyrs, and sirines.)

Thus, medium, small, and tiny mushroom houses like the one depicted below are commonplace in the Wildlands of Malecade. such dwellings aren’t likely to be seen on the world’s other continents, but there are flights of pixies that live on the islands that surround Malecade, especially on Champlaign Island. The fey of Malecade have a strong connection to the First People of Rielun known as the Tigé, so they are often found living alongside them. Some forest-dwelling tigé live in mushroom houses that they cultivate to be slightly bigger than the typical fey mushroom house. This type of house also wouldn’t be out of place on the magical and mysterious island known as Yarmouche. All but the worst of the fey avoid the Isles of the South, which means the jungles and swamps of those islands are filled with quicklings, redcaps, and much, much worse. Their mushroom houses are dank and rotting.

DM’s Note: Any fey creature with a connection to the Spelljammer campaign setting automatically has a place on Rielun, but most of those fey creatures have been changed from living in a Steampunk Spelljammer universe.

Mushroom House.jpg

Image by Enrique Meseguer from Pixabay

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Last post for tonight...

Remove ads