Time to Hang It Up? (Gaming Group Struggles Pt 2)

Reynard

Legend
What did the "one player in particular" do to drive the collapse?
I dont want to talk out of turn. It was an already tense situation coming off a failed attempt to resurrect a game that failed spectacularly. The player in question's nasty response was more a "straw that broke the camel's back" thing. I thought things were going great and the players were obviously deeply, even bitterly divided on the subject. So I threw in the towel rather than let the game ruin decades long friendships.

Nebulous

Legend
I've looked into online games, specifically using Fantasy Grounds. I've GMed a sample session using the software, as well as playing in a handful of games as a player. It just seems so very complicated. I was spending hours planning a single combat.

I have FG too. And I'm having a hard time understanding it. Someone who knows it better than me is gonna sit down this weekend and help me to through it.

Retreater

Legend
I have FG too. And I'm having a hard time understanding it. Someone who knows it better than me is gonna sit down this weekend and help me to through it.
Good luck. I watched hours of YouTube videos, posted on forums, and really tried to research it. Never had hands on help though.

Retreater

Legend
FG Unity is coming out sometime soon, I hope it is more intuitive.
I hope so too. But considering I shelled out on the full license for the first version and never got around to running even a single campaign with it, I'm going to be very hesitant dropping any money on the new version.

Reynard

Legend
I hope so too. But considering I shelled out on the full license for the first version and never got around to running even a single campaign with it, I'm going to be very hesitant dropping any money on the new version.

FG has its quirks, but it really isn't that hard to use. You learn much more by just playing a game with it that trying to figure it all out ahead of time. Pit a couple players against a couple goblins and you'll have the functional basis down in an hour or less.

Retreater

Legend
FG has its quirks, but it really isn't that hard to use. You learn much more by just playing a game with it that trying to figure it all out ahead of time. Pit a couple players against a couple goblins and you'll have the functional basis down in an hour or less.
I tried that too. Guess I'm just a slow learner. Haha

Hurske

Villager
Fantasy grounds is my preferred choice after a debacle with roll20 years ago, there is a bit of a learning curve to it, but many of the players that I bring in from roll20 usually have switched once I teach them, which is really the best way to learn it, getting into a game as a player and having a good GM teach the system to the players.

They also have a Fantasy Grounds college on discord which is dedicated to teaching people how to use the system and run tutorial games for players and GMs

Remove ads