D&D 5E Tired of doing WotC's job

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Yeah but you make up for it volume.

oots0135.gif

G

Guest 6801328

"I'll take every Vitality potion you have in stock, and I'll give you a deposit for every one you plan to make."
"Berserker?"
"Why, yes! What tipped you off?"

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Ho and let's not forget about Gambeson armor that was also made with linen on the exterior and cloth fabric on the interior. It was pretty much a part of every set of armor (especially plate) that would be put underneath. In addition, gambeson was more flexible that the linen (linothorax) armor worn by the greek (and I would guess that some of the leather armors so talked about (and often contested) were in fact linothorax armor). Here I am not saying that leather armor did not exist. It did. But linothorax would be cheaper to make and gambeson was easier to make.
All this boils down to good old "Padded" armour, which has been in the game since day 1.

10' foot poles were costly because they were sturdy enough to be used as shafts for polearms. Not the ladders which were made of relatively soft wood. Hard wood was reserved for wood structures, housing, military stuff (polearms, catapults, trebuchet etc...).
And boats.

The biggest demand on hard wood during the Age of Sail was shipbuilding.

All this boils down to good old "Padded" armour, which has been in the game since day 1.

And boats.

The biggest demand on hard wood during the Age of Sail was shipbuilding.
I always thought that the padded armour was way to bad compared to what the Gambeson could do historically. Because of that, I had introduced the Gambeson as an advanced padded (quilted) armor giving AC 6. The downside is that with any roll of 20, the armor was ruined (just like leather and padded armor).

And yes, hard wood was really in demand in shipbuilding.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
The solution here would be to add potions to the store that cost less than 20 GP to make, then the other potions are loss leaders. They get foot traffic and people will buy other potions at the same time, since they're already there and all that.
Merchandising matters too. You want some nice POS displays for some of your better earners, and good staff that know the difference between a good upsell, and trying to spray the dwarf Berserker with your new Diaphanous Lavender hair remover.

Undrave

Legend
Merchandising matters too. You want some nice POS displays for some of your better earners, and good staff that know the difference between a good upsell, and trying to spray the dwarf Berserker with your new Diaphanous Lavender hair remover.

You also want to sell fancy accessories! Make your own bottles that can perfectly fit your proprietary potion holsters, which fit perfectly on the belt you sell that hides a flint in the buckle for easy fire starting! And you aren't going to throw your other potions in your satchel with all the rest of your stuff right? Sell them this wonderful wicker carrying case with 8 padded compartments!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases