• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[TMDM] Total Munchkin Death Machine!

Dark Eternal

First Post
There's a spell - I can't remember where it comes from originally, someone feel free to say where if you know - that creates three duplicates of a weapon that each shadow that weapon's attacks. I think it's called four-fold forging, or something like that. It's in the Divine Magic pocket grimiore.

Anyways, so you have a cult of Munchkin Priests who all have the strength and destruction domain. They use the Scythe as their preferred weapon.

One of these guys casts Greater Magic weapon on a scythe (which already has at least one of the burst abilities - maybe more), pumping it to +5. He then casts the Four-Fold forging spell mentioned above. He's wearing Rhino Skin armor. He makes a charge attack, activates both the Destruction domain and Strength domain special power, and rolls a critical hit.

Depending on the details, I believe we have a 15th level character who just dished out about 1200 damage with a single hit.

Discuss. Please be civil.

*wicked grin*

Last edited:

8XXX{0}====>

First Post
even if you use WotC only stuff, you can still do some pretty crazy damage.

The spell, i think its Acid Orb, from TaB, is your basic damage spell. 1 orb per level, 1d6 acid damage, multiple targets, if i remember correctly.

You combine that with a wizard/rogue who takes the arcane trickster PrC. It keeps upping your spells, but also your sneak attack.

TaB, in a different section, makes the assertion that within 30 ft, you can apply your sneak attack damage to any spell that requires an attack roll (rays, etc). Acid orb requires a ranged touch attack for each seperate orb.

Therefore, you apply your sneak attack damage to each orb that hits. That is, once per each orb.

So you end up getting, assuming you hit every time, d6 acid plus sneak attack damage per caster level.

At 15th level, going... Rog5/Wis7/ArcTrk3, thats, if i remember correctly, 9 acid orbs, each of which does d6 acid and 3d6 sneak, or an average of 126 damage.

From a 2nd level spell.

And you can put all those high level slots to use with haste, quickened versions of acid orb, etc. Its just cool.

haiiro

First Post
8XXX{0}====> said:
TaB, in a different section, makes the assertion that within 30 ft, you can apply your sneak attack damage to any spell that requires an attack roll (rays, etc). Acid orb requires a ranged touch attack for each seperate orb.

Therefore, you apply your sneak attack damage to each orb that hits. That is, once per each orb.

I believe this has been clarified so that you only apply sneak attack damage to the first orb; this would hold true for any multi-projectile spell that requires an attack roll (or rolls). I know I've seen this discussed recently somewhere, but I can't remember the source at the moment. In any case, IMO there's no way this should work as you describe -- it's too easy to abuse, as you point out.

Seems to me that most ranged or melee attack rolls only get the bonus for the first hit, but if your flanking someone surely they would all gain the benefit....

...of loads of AoOs!!!

Still I love total Munchking Death machines.

They are wonderful in the hands of Total Munchkin DMs.

8XXX{0}====>

First Post
yah, i know that that point has been brought up. My DM, on the other hand, is not aware. BWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Well, next idea:

Of course, there is the ever present Creeping Doom (better if overlappin with more creeping dooms) + whirlwind attack + cleave (cleave after each dead creeping doom thingy). You do nasty, i'm-to-lazy-to-calculate damage.

Dark Eternal

First Post
8XXX{0}====> said:
yah, i know that that point has been brought up. My DM, on the other hand, is not aware. BWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Well, next idea:

Of course, there is the ever present Creeping Doom (better if overlappin with more creeping dooms) + whirlwind attack + cleave (cleave after each dead creeping doom thingy). You do nasty, i'm-to-lazy-to-calculate damage.

I had been assured by a highly-placed source that this was not actually feasible...

I knew it! My dungeon master lied! He lied like a... a... a lying thing!

It really is all about being inconspicous with your package while you're dipping and diving in somebody else's kool-aid!!!

haiiro

First Post
8XXX{0}====> said:

This sounds a lot like the Bucket of Angry Snails approach, which is the best thing since sliced bread (except for sliced bread with PB&J on it, of course). :D

Dark Eternal

First Post
haiiro said:

This sounds a lot like the Bucket of Angry Snails approach, which is the best thing since sliced bread (except for sliced bread with PB&J on it, of course). :D

omfg.

I just have to ask.

In the case of the Total Munchkin Death Machine I mentioned at the top of the thread...

...if he, by some unfortunate chance, happened to have the Whirlwind Attack and Great Cleave feats...

...how many of the factors that I already mentioned above would continue to apply if he was Whirlwind attacking / Great Cleaving inside the aforementioned Creeping Doom?

Holy Guileless Gygax, I think I'm going into shock.

8XXX{0}====>

First Post
its the same (EDIT: as the snails thing), except that creeping doom drops, i think, 200 snaily things per square, and when you overlap 9 of them (thats the max, i think), the squares behind your character look like this:
(note: this is a bad looking representation, as there is more doom, and a grid. But for the purposes of this, it only shows what you threaten)
e= enemy
c=character
..............e...............
..............c..............

each number is the number of overlapped dooms. Anyway, when you whirlwind attack, you get 1 attack against the enemy, and then...2600 attacks against the dooms.

If you assume they all hit, thats... 1 reg attack and 2600 cleave attacks against the enemy. At high enough level to have whirlind and cleave and greatcleave, your average damage is at least 20ish, most probably much more. Thats, what, 40000 damage w/o crits...
eeeeewwwwwwww.....

EDIT: Umm... when you add that spell, things start to become really really rediculously whacked...

Last edited:

Remove ads