To All Who Still Want To Donate! (Please Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercule

Adventurer
buzzard said:
Absolutely not. No damn way.
Quite right. I did not donate because I'm also having employment issues, but different people have different charities they favor.

No one really objects to the Red Cross, so far as I'm aware, but the other two organizations have a certain political bent that could seriously offend some people. If you don't think so, then you may want to think about how you'd feel if told your money was going toward Operation Rescue.

I'm not judging any of the above charities in any way (please no flames). Just pointing out how monumentally divisive the whole thing could be.

But Berandor's right. Charities are a great thing to give spare cash to. And tax deductible in the US.

JeffB

Legend
buzzard said:
Absolutely not. No damn way. I would demand my money back before I would tolerate this. I gave my money so that EN World could stay in operation. I gave it ONLY for that purpose. If I see it diverted from that goal I will complain to high heaven and never give another penny (and I gave a few pennies above average).

buzzard

Agreed. No damn way some of the more political bent charities mentioned are going to get a cent of my money. I donated to help Morrus out, and give something back, I'll make donations to charity as I see fit.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm going to close this thread now, for three reasons:

1) Berandor has made his point, and the thread looks like it's going to a place he didn't intend it to in the first place.

2) Donations to charity are indeed a private thing, and it's why I exhorted people to "give to charity if they have the means to" rather than any specific charity. We all have our own reasons for giving and how we give.

3) With the absolute miraculous recovery that this community has just experienced, I myself don't like to see this discussion turn down any particularly dark avenues and taint the absolutely fantastic groundswell of community bonding that has generated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads