To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek gives a short bow to the dwarven king. "I apologize for our doubt and our frankness. However, if there is foul play involved here, the perspective of outsiders removed from the situation could be invaluable. I humbly ask that you allow us to speak our thoughts freely, at least for a few minutes, milord."
[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy: 1d20+10+1=26[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"I heard of a small tribal village doin' somethin' similar once," Carolina says. "Corn was their thing, but the crops weren't growin'. So the chief sent the shaman prayin', and when he was finished he came back and told the chief to lop off an ear from the head of every household. 'An ear for an ear,' he said. So the chief went to loppin', but the crop didn't come. Pretty soon infection set in most of 'em, but they didn't have the crop to trade for healin', so they ended up dead and the village went to ruins. No one's seen that chief or his shaman since."

[sblock=Bluff]1d20+9=12 Whew, barely...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Georg]
You would know that Juna wouldn’t want people to suffer in the pursuit of civilized trade. This knowledge will grant you a +1 on all future skill rolls for the challenge (but generates no successes)[/sblock]

[sblock=Lily]
You can tell the dwarf is not 100% confident in the divinations, likely why he's even allowing you to speak to him. Also, you determine that any type of threats or intimidation techniques will not work on the leader[/sblock]

k’ul ahau Nuun Yax Ain appears to be giving a sympathetic ear to your words, but isn't totally convinced of the truth, or benefit of your suggestions.

[sblock=Skill Challenge Time]
Complexity 4 (requires 10 successes before 3 failures).
Primary Skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Insight. (DC's 10/15/16 respectively)
Other Skill: Religion, plus any other you can convince me work. (DC 10/TBD for other skills)

Georg - religion - beats DC (but no success)
Lily - Insight - success
Kruk - Diplomacy - success - just ;)
Raiyek - Diplomacy - success
Grim/Carolina - teamwork on bluff - success

4 successes - 0 failures.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg seems to remember something after his comments to the king, he then listens to the responses and insights of his allies hoping to find the best argument to use.

[sblock=OOC] Let's try Insight this time, the DC is highest but I have a +9 bonus with the religion check success 1d20+9=15
Don't know how renau1g is doing assist and timing, because I could use an assist!
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'm cool with free-form (like combat) so you can "delay" until another goes. In a RL game, someone at the table would likely jump in as you're about to roll "I'll aid you" or something like that so we do the best we can[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily tapped her chin in thought.

Hmm, we were attacked on our way here and it was more than just simple bandits too. They had a creature with them, a creature not of this world! She paused for dramatic effect.

Now I may not seem the part, what with my youthful good looks, but I know about such things and such creatures as the one we saw are in league with Zal'Ekthees, a powerful demon.

Sooo, maybe if you don't know what you've done to cause your problem, perhaps the cause lies elsewhere. Maybe our problem is your problem after all. Lily glanced toward her elven companion, isn't that right Raiyek?

[sblock=ooc]

Sorry Lily's diplomacy isn't good enough to stand on its own, so I'm passing the buck a little.

Diplomacy: to assist Raiyek (1d20=9)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk looks back and forth between his companion and then to the king. He thinks to himself, I'm out of my league here. Bite your tongue Kruk. Don't say anything that will mess things up. He then looks towards towards Georg and whispers "I think you got something with religion thing. Keep talking to him."

[sblock=ooc]
aide Georg with religion check
1d20+1=20

Wow! I should have just said that I was doing a real religion check
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek nods when Lily addresses him. "Yes, Lily, I was thinking the same." Turning back to the dwarven ruler, he continues, "Your majesty, you mentioned that your high priest said sometimes partial sacrifice, like an eye, was sufficient. All of the bandits that attacked us were missing an eye. As well, the ruffians we battled in Daunton before traveling here through the portal had strange powers and iconography related to eyes. I feel certain the two groups are connected, and find myself wondering if they may have somehow corrupted the high priest. Or they may have even killed him and substituted a fake in his place."

Raiyek's face is solemn, showing his reluctance to suggest such a thing. "Has the high priest acted strangely recently? Other than the demand for these sacrifices, has he done anything else out of character?"
[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy (1d20+10=12) *facepalm* When all you need is a 6 ... you get a 2.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The dwarven leader looks around impatiently tapping his foot as he considers.

[sblock=ooc]
Still need actions from Carolina & Grim

So far this round generated 1 success from Georg/Kruk & 1 Failure from Raiyek/Lily (although if both Grim & Carolina aided another on Raiyek's roll, he could turn it into a positive).
[/sblock]

Remove ads