• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Tinwe

First Post
Grim looks back at the dying dwarf. "Thank you, friend. We'll stop this madness, and may Pan speed you from the terrors of this world." Grim turns to follow the others through the secret door and hefts his sword, feeling the familiar curve of the horn in his palm. "Let's get to work."

renau1g

First Post
Raiyek hold out for a moment, but decides to follow the group, announcing he'll take the rearguard. There is a level that returns the throne to its previous resting place, there are no seams that let any light in, a credit to the dwarven craftsmanship, but also intensifies the darkness.

Kruk leads the way down the low-ceilinged tunnel, which drops out to a wider, and taller, tunnel after about 100'. There are many smaller paths that lead this way and that, but the main path continues on, water dripping from the ceiling forming raised humps of calcium where it concentrates.

The tunnel opens up into a large cavern, the light from Kruk's shield can't reach either the roof, or the other side. A terrible smell slams into you as you enter the area.

[sblock=ooc]
Yes you are fully rested.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Not too late as nothing's happening. You hear the *drip* *drip* *drip* of water, but that's it.

You can attack the darkness if you'd like ;)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Not too late as nothing's happening. You hear the *drip* *drip* *drip* of water, but that's it.

You can attack the darkness if you'd like ;)
[/sblock]

"What was that!" Kruk takes a swing at the darkness, but the blade only slices through thin air. "Hmmmmf...got spooked there for a second....sorry everyone." He scans there area for any hint of movement.

ooc: perception check: 12

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Stay together everyone. Does someone have a free hand for a sunrod?" Raiyek continues to face out into the darkness, eyes and ears straining to pick up any sign of danger.
[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+11=21). The actual roll says 31, but that's because I screwed up and put +21 instead of +11 ;)
Also, to see if Raiyek recognizes the smell at all:
Nature: 1d20+6=18
Religion: 1d20+6=16

This reminds me of running my old group through the Forge of Fury with that big cavern - always wondered what it'd be like on the other side of the screen in a place like that. I guess now I know :)[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Anything to help your keen eyes, Raiyek. Georg checks his pack and pulls out a sunrod. He cracks it open and steps forward as the light illuminates much further than the light spell he cast on Kruk's shield.

[sblock=OOC] I got two, standard adventurer's pack. These things are really good, make a Light spell look like crap and are really a cheat for caverns. Move forward to C19 Maybe Kruk can still benefit from his shield if he runs off ahead.
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily listened and then sniffed the air, trying to figure out what the unpleasant odor might be, as she reached into her pack to withdraw the skull that she used to work her magic.

[sblock=ooc]

Perception (1d20+9+1=30)

Heh, I'm just picturing the moment after Georg's action, the light floods out over the cavern only to reveal 1000 goblins clinging to every surface. :)

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads