• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Con the Con-man

Megan Voss

First Post
megan-voss-albums-hera-off-war-thread-picture1483-hera.jpg
: With the action already underway, Hera slashed happily at the disgruntled monster with her greatsword. Smirking at Alden's comment all the way. She made a power attack.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Alexander dodges around the strange device to get into reach of the strange creature as it looks to point to the device as it whirls. The young lord misses with a thrust as the thing moves slightly and then intones something in a strange language (smoke mephit common?). And suddenly another creature appears from the darkness and smoke.

It leaps high in the air exuberated by it's new found freedom. It pirouettes to the top of the device before noticing something on a bookshelf and flying over to investigate.

Hera and Tio both try and subdue the first creature to no avail as Alden waits for his chance to get into the fight.

[sblock=Status]
POSTED in INIT order
Code:
Charatcer         AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Mephit1           17  13  none/none
Mephit2           17  13  none/none
Alexander         12   8  rapier/none
Tio               17   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  whip/none
Alden             14  10  none/delay
Hera              14  [COLOR=Orange]11[/COLOR]  g.sword/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Mephit1 - summon mephit
Mephit2 - does a little dance (double move)
Alexander - attack (miss)
Tio - trip attempt (miss)
Alden - delay -is up to finish the round
Hera - attack (miss)[/sblock]

Attachments

• TCtCM-rd1.jpg
    TCtCM-rd1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 74

Axel

First Post
I KNEW there was going to be more of 'em, Alden thinks to himself while grimacing and drawing his sword. I suppose the new one is going to make a third one, and before we know it we're going to be fighting the whole blighted demon kingdom.

"'n you wan'ed on'na these blasted t'ings as a pet Tio?!" he exclaims, ducking behind Hera as she attempts to decapitate what appears to be, in essence, just smoke. And maybe mirrors?

Ending up Hera's right side he drives his sword forwards in an uncomplicated strike at the centre of the smoke creature. Here's hoping cold steel can actually hurt the thing, Alden thinks, as his strike appears to hit nothing but dirty air.

[sblock=Actions]
Move action: Moving 25' between Tio and Hera to end up on Hera's right (directly opposite Alexander), and drawing sword. Hurrah for a flank, and BAB+1!!
Standard action: Skewer it!! Or not...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 2

The surrounded mephit quickly scratches at Alex as it tries to get away from everyone and over to it's companion. With a quick scratch across the back of the hand it leaves three thin lines of blood marking Alexander. <dmg = 3>

As it moves everyone attacks it once more. <everyone gets an AoO>

It skitters up next to the second mephit and whispers something. The mephit nods and stands tall as if waiting for the group to attack it. <ready action>

OCC: Top of the second.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
"Y'might as well try t'hurt th'air i'self!" Alden exclaims, breathlessly driving his sword toward the creature again.

Hang on...they both came from the weird ring things. Maybe they're linked to it...if I smash the rings then they'll BOTH vanish.

With a cry of frustration caused by a REALLY long and crappy day, Alden hefts his sword overhead in two hands as he races towards the rotating rings - bring it crashing down onto them with a thoroughly disappointing clunk.

[sblock=ooc]
Finally a hit!! It's only taken 15 pages, 2 combats and about 10 attack rolls, but I have finally hit something!!!

And...I roll a 1 for damage. Figures. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
[sblock=OoC]My brain farts randomly, and thus I missed HM’s reply to my question ^_^;[/sblock]

Alexander grimaced as it managed to invade his hand guard and claw at the back of his hand; he did not think they would be that aired.
He snarled his face and abruptly twisted his wrist and flung the end of his weapon into the thing, wounding it.

Not liking his tendency to get wounded in melee, Alexander decided to move around but not towards the due, he then raised his free hand and coiled his fingers around an unseen orb, that, by appearances, was expanding in his hand.
He coiled his arm back to his shoulder and then tossed the unseen orb at the twerp that had the adosity to wound him.

[sblock=Actions]move around while maintaining range and then cast whelm on the wounded/original mephit.
I'm starting to run low on level 1 spell slots :/[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"They breed like rabbits, but without the awkward morning after...!" Tio quips, though his eyes betray his growing concern. He fails to snag the flying Mephit as it floats by.

OOC: waiting to see what Alex does before finishing post. Also, can we get an updated map?

Last edited:

Megan Voss

First Post
megan-voss-albums-hera-off-war-thread-picture1483-hera.jpg
: Hera wasn't about to let this little evil get away. She pursued the beast with precision and cutting intent. In the back of her mind this tower was on fire. But right now, this little dust bunny needed to be chased out.

ooc: move D3, power atk mephit 1.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Got the AoO's from everyone and Alden and Hera's round two action need everyone else to finish up. Oh and maybe someone who does <hint> a lot of damage </hint> should tack some whacks at the device.

[sblock=Status]
POSTED in INIT order
Code:
Charatcer         AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Mephit1           17  13  none/none
Mephit2           17  13  none/none
Alexander         12   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  rapier/none
Tio               17   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  whip/none
Alden             14  10  s.sword/delay
Hera              14  [COLOR=Orange]11[/COLOR]  g.sword/none
Device            00  10  none/hardness 5
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Mephit1 - attack (hit, dmg=3), move
Mephit2 - ready action
Alexander - none yet
Tio - none yet
Alden - move, attack device (no dmg)
Hera - none yet[/sblock]

Attachments

• TCtCM-rd2.5.jpg
    TCtCM-rd2.5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Hint taken?

Tio watches Alden smash the wizardly device, then sighs. "You're really going to break this wonderful machine, aren't you, Tio..." Dropping his whip, he pulls out a crowbar from his pack and starts to wail on the Mephit-inducing hardware.

OOC: No hit roll necessary, sooo...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads