• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Dekana

Explorer
Lily has had not even informal training in riding a horse. Not confident that she could make the jump, she slows her pony to a crawl when she reaches the gully. Lily looks for a way to get across slowly.

knight_isa

First Post
When Rayburn sees Lily look for a way to cross the gully he says, "I don't think you'll want to cross now. By the time you reach him he will have alerted any accomplices. It's probably best that we go meet up with the others."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
One of the men kicks the door open, with sword or X-bow at the ready.

There is a dead body in the shack, but contrary to your expectations he seems in no hurry to get up and attack. There is a familiar single arrow through his chest, and blood stains on the dirt floor leading from the door, to where he lies slumped on the floor.
The shack seems to be storage with several shovels, hoes, a pile of sacks, a harness and a plow. There is a broken padlock lying on the floor. There are also several crude boxes and cabinets.

Lily the best way across looks like about 80' to the east, where the bank is shallower. It will however, put you further behind the escapee.

OOC: There was almost a spontaneous zombie, but I decided that more violence would be coming soon enough.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Well this is unfortunate. Cait says dryly. She walks over to the man to check of a pulse, curious to see if she can provide any help. Once she finds none she'll start searching around the house to see if there are any clues to why someone would have killed the farmer, although she suspects she already knows.

They must be very desperate to find us. Whoever they are anyway. I would like to know why this man is after us. Do you think he has something to do with Southwick?

Dekana

Explorer
Knowing the better rider will escape her if she gives chase, Lily opts to fire off an arrow at the man. If the shot misses (or it just doesn't bring him down), she returns to the rest of the group near the shack.

MW Composite Longbow: atk:+4, dmg: d6+1, 20x3 (range inc. 110ft)

Fenris

Adventurer
"This death lies upon me, for I failed to stop the man who slew him. I failed for I could not strike true enough, not catch him as he fled, now this farmer has paid the price for my failure."

With a sigh, Kerin sheathes his sword, grabs a shovel and heads out to the filed and quietly starts digging a grave.

WarShrike

First Post
"Don't blame yourself, Kerin," says Xaros "this man has been dead for some time. Most likely since crossing paths with One-Eye yesterday. The only thing we can do is deal with him when we catch up to him."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Lily's hail mary shot falls short, and the two return to the rest of the company. Where Kerin is digging a grave. Cait, you don't find anything with a quick search through the shack. (Xaros you think she missed a couple of spots.)

Craig starts to look nervous as Kerin continues to dig : "Shouldn't we be moving along?

OOC: Lily Bow 13+4-8 =9 ; Cait's Search 9+0=9

Remove ads