• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Zorn can certainly own a wand of cure light wounds, but I don't believe he can use it unless I missed something. A belt of healing from Magic Item Compendium might be a better choice.

Graybeard

Explorer
re: Cure Light Wounds wand

Under the description for the Use Magic Device skill, the Use Wand ability states:

Normally to use a wand, you must have the wand's spell on your class spell list. This use of the skill allows you to use a wand as if you had a particular spell on your class spell list.

To use a wand, if you know what spell it has on it and the activation word, it is a DC20.
To use a scroll, it is a DC20+min. caster level for the spell.

Graybeard

Scotley

Hero
Had I paid more attention to the +20 on use magic device and your request for a skill change this would have been obvious. :\

Use it in good health!

Scotley

Hero
Yes, Jason is coming along nicely. I believe that Masterwork quality is included in the price of the special material for the darkwood shield, so you can save a 150 gp there. Might be nice to have a couple of master work crossbow bolts in your quiver.

Remove ads