Too many vampires

Warbridge

First Post
Mmm. Cheddar...and maybe some strawberries and a nice glass of pinot noir. Good thing dinner is almost ready or I'd be in trouble.

The three team approach is a good one. It offers more than just two options for people and opens up a lot of opportunity to slide over to another team as the story permits. Who knows, maybe gray team gets sick of being stuck in the middle and stages some form of protest against black and white teams. Having a character or two on more than one team is also a great way to go if for no other reason than ensuring there are enough participants at any given time. Back when the redeemers got started, the people playing them were encouraged to have their normal magic user or two and keep an anti-magic zealot in their back pocket for rainy days.

On the subject of the designated victims and being pathetic, I tend to think of the victim as pathetic if they just bare their neck all the time. There's supposed to be something dark and kind of sensual about getting bit in the neck. Plenty of material suggests that anyway, and plenty of people whose real life fetishes swing that way as well. I'd imagine that after a while the vampire would get bored and look for a neck with more challenge and fewer marks in it. Of course just because a player signs up a character to be a designated victim in no way implies that they go easily into that gruesome embrace.

I think that's the spot where I am reluctant to move from my opinion. Usually I'm pretty open minded, but the fluffy terms attached to a vampire's feeding just don't sit well with me. If I'm playing a character that goe in for the dark delight angle, then I can bury my personal feelings and play with the role. Terms like "embrace" are way too nice for what is essentially a violation, although in some cases where the victim is willing and there is no violence then perhaps it is just a desecration.

The aspect of a vampire retaining their sense of who they were and what they were about isn't so concrete in my mind though. The knowledge of what a vampire was and the shock of what they are forced to do to survive is a turbulent struggle worthy of tales. I tend to think of that kind of individual as the rarity among vampires. Call me a purist, but in my book most of the time when someone dies from a vampire bite they wave bon voyage to their soul as what is left afterwards is rarely more than a crude reflection of the person they were and at worst is a suit where a demon took up residence.

Merto

First Post
*Dies*

about 7 years ago... no one could say "Who's Vincent".....makes me sad..... He was there every night causing all sorts of trouble for the Wizo's..... mainly childish games.... He's my vampire that thinks he can be good by denying himself his evil rights..... Thus... he goes through a lot of emotional issues....

Anyways... he's the 7'4 brooding guy usually found in the corner of the tavern...

Ruthia

First Post
Ru still wants to kick him in the gonads. That Vincent was so good at making her SO mad. He's one of the few who to this day can rile her up. Naughty little Vampy!

BRANDIA

First Post
Merto said:
*Dies*

about 7 years ago... no one could say "Who's Vincent".....makes me sad..... He was there every night causing all sorts of trouble for the Wizo's..... mainly childish games.... He's my vampire that thinks he can be good by denying himself his evil rights..... Thus... he goes through a lot of emotional issues....

Anyways... he's the 7'4 brooding guy usually found in the corner of the tavern...

I remember!! didn't I say so... darn.

shistal

First Post
People have been complaining about this vampire problem, when..this site isn't strictly DnD its a free based role play site you can have fun, like the first time I mention...so leave those alone when they play vampires how they want to. Really people this isn't real life this is just for fun, to cure someone's boredom, and trust me there are a lot of bored people out there, including me ^_^ so..lets have fun and forget this silly complaint.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
I don't think the initial complaint has really been addressed in several posts now - opinions of why there are so many (not necessarily *too* many) were given and discussed fairly rationally. It's been dropped.

Now, we've moved on to talking about vampires and other evil races in general. I haven't really seen any complaining - just discussion about how D&D lists vampires (and agreement that the animalisitic evil monster thing is pretty much *not* followed for the purpose of freeform) and how other games and stories portray vampires. Can they be anything but evil? Where do the victims come from? Concepts of how to play said evil races, how powerful they are, and just general discussion related to vampires. This has been a pretty far ranging thread.

No one is saying people can't play vampires or other evil races. In fact, it looks like this has turned into some brain storming about ways to make playing them more involved and fun.

So, maybe we should move the discussion about vampires and other evil races to another thread that doesn't start with an initial observation about the possibility of there being too many of any one race.

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
Sienna_Rose said:
So, maybe we should move the discussion about vampires and other evil races to another thread that doesn't start with an initial observation about the possibility of there being too many of any one race.

Good idea, but as long as this thread remains positive, intelligent, on topic and peaceful it won't be closed. Actually we encourage players to continue the discussion, because allot of wonderful ideas have been expressed. =D

James V

First Post
anyone here understand maybe why vampires might be evil? Heres one thought of logic, because they slaughter mercilessly to feed...

Remove ads