Too scared to DM!

StalkingBlue

First Post
randomling said:
Don't get your hopes up on that count - where would be the fun in a setting where you couldn't die? :p

Er... You kow us too well! :)

randomling said:
The general atmosphere will be heroic-fantasy-ish and probably somewhat less odds-against-the-PCs than Midnight, and I'm certainly hoping for a more lighthearted atmosphere. Though I don't think "sunny" is quite the word, and "nonlethal" certainly won't be if you get in with/across the wrong crowds...

:confused:

(Just kidding)

StalkingBlue

First Post
S'mon said:
Well, me & SB would like to be players so we can play on the same team for once! :) - But of course we could do assigned duties like tracking initiative, rules-lookup, arbitrate square-counting if using the D&D combat rules, that kind of thing. If desired, that would argue for using rules we were familiar with.

Seconded. On all counts. :)

StalkingBlue

First Post
randomling said:
Oh definitely. :)

Hundred Isles certainly isn't a setting where you're going to be warding off near-certain doom at every step like Midnight, any more than Borderlands is! Then again, not a Disney movie, either.... ;)

Hey!!

*Must...not....hijack...Must...not...hijack...* ;)

randomling

First Post
Update:

I'm running the first session of my swashbuckling game on Saturday. I have 2 PCs - my two scary DMs! - and the intro session will be a 1 or 2hr vignette to get to know the PCs a little. I have NPCs to invent! (And I feel like I have to do something interesting in the prologue, even if it doesn't involve combat...)

Half-measures of "whoohoo" and "eek" here! Wish me luck! :D

S'mon

Legend
I'm looking forward to it too - getting a bit frustrated that half the threads on General now say "S'mon & Stalkinblue stay out!" on them, though... ;)

randomling

First Post
S'mon said:
I'm looking forward to it too - getting a bit frustrated that half the threads on General now say "S'mon & Stalkinblue stay out!" on them, though... ;)
TWO threads!! And mostly they're not even on the first page...

randomling

First Post
OK, I'm terrified again. I'm DMing in 2 days and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it! :eek:

(My players are really looking forward to it, I'm shaking in my boots because I just can't see how I'm going to measure up to their expectations... aah...)

Henry

Autoexreginated
randomling said:
OK, I'm terrified again. I'm DMing in 2 days and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it! :eek:

(My players are really looking forward to it, I'm shaking in my boots because I just can't see how I'm going to measure up to their expectations... aah...)

OK, let me get this straight - you've started and maintain your own web forum, you've received numerous compliments from the players you're gaming for - and you're too scared to DM? :)

Would that I had either of those!

Good Luck, Rand. I'm sure you'll do great! But as they say, the only way to drive is to be in the car, so GOGOGO!

spectre72

First Post
Good Luck

randomling said:
Update:

I'm running the first session of my swashbuckling game on Saturday. I have 2 PCs - my two scary DMs! - and the intro session will be a 1 or 2hr vignette to get to know the PCs a little. I have NPCs to invent! (And I feel like I have to do something interesting in the prologue, even if it doesn't involve combat...)

Half-measures of "whoohoo" and "eek" here! Wish me luck! :D

From the posts on this thread from your 2 players I don't think you have much to worry about.

Just take their advice and do your best and you will be fine.

I just wish I had 2 players as I have been stuck running a PBEM only for the last year or so, and if you think a live session is frustrating you will have to try running a PBEM someday.

From my experience it is OK to make mistakes as a GM, but learn from them.

And remember to follow the biggest fule of all, Have Fun :cool:

And if I did live in London, which is quite a ways away from my home in Vermont (USA) I would gladly volunteer to play in what sounds like a cool and fun game/setting.

Good Luck
Scott

Remove ads