Level Up (A5E) Tools progress

Faolyn

(she/her)
Adventures in ZEITGEIST is for Level Up, though it doesn't require you to have the LU book, if your group just wants to run it in basic 5E.

The timeline, I believe, is that we're doing a Kickstarter for the first new ZEITGEIST adventure right now: Death of the Author (which is designed to be played standalone, without requiring any knowledge of the Z setting). Then in the not too distant future there'll be the Level Up core books, and after that the Adventures in ZEITGEIST setting book.
Are the Savant and various archetypes written for LU, though? Because I have the Savant through the ENWorld patreon and wouldn't mind an LU version, with knacks or maneuvers or whatever built into it. But if it's the same, then there's no need.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As always, ignoring the fact that this hasn't been "skinned" yet to look pretty, work continues apace!

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.21.24 AM.png

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Hey, Morrus? I'd like to report a bug.

I keep clicking on the links to try and access the different heritages and stuff, but your website keeps zooming in on pictures.

Gonna have to fix that, Bud.

(THIS IS A JOKE)

dave2008

Legend
@Morrus , will the LevelUp online tools allow for homebrew support? Basically will we be able to upload / input our homebrew monsters, classes, magic items, etc. into the online tools?

I apologize if this has already been answered, I only recently took notice that you planned to have online tools.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I know it is a big ask, but will it be possible to add a Character Builder? Or an auto-fill character sheet?

L-U looks awesome, but I kinda got lost when the meneuvers/knacks etc came out in the playtest, and I'm usually the one with the most focus at the table (that's why I DM). I fear that without such thing, I'll have a hard time having my players create a character will all the moving parts.

Still, having an online tool will help a lot, thanks for the good work.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know it is a big ask, but will it be possible to add a Character Builder? Or an auto-fill character sheet?

L-U looks awesome, but I kinda got lost when the meneuvers/knacks etc came out in the playtest, and I'm usually the one with the most focus at the table (that's why I DM). I fear that without such thing, I'll have a hard time having my players create a character will all the moving parts.

Still, having an online tool will help a lot, thanks for the good work.
Yes, it’s a heck of a big ask. But one we’ve long anticipated!

A character builder will be a stretch goal for the Kickstarter. If we make that stretch goal, it will take many months and a lot of money — it’s almost as big a task as making the game in the first place, which has taken us two years!

R_J_K75

Legend
A character builder will be a stretch goal for the Kickstarter
I was under the impression from day 1 that there would be no stretch goals to reduce the time it takes to produce the books and ensure ship dates. Is this no longer the case?

Remove ads