Level Up (A5E) Tools progress

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I know it is a big ask, but will it be possible to add a Character Builder? Or an auto-fill character sheet?

L-U looks awesome, but I kinda got lost when the meneuvers/knacks etc came out in the playtest, and I'm usually the one with the most focus at the table (that's why I DM). I fear that without such thing, I'll have a hard time having my players create a character will all the moving parts.

Still, having an online tool will help a lot, thanks for the good work.
What do you mean by auto-fill character sheet?

dave2008

Legend
I was under the impression from day 1 that there would be no stretch goals to reduce the time it takes to produce the books and ensure ship dates. Is this no longer the case?
Online tools will not affect the books at all. The PDFs will be done and sent out as soon as the Kickstarter is complete. The books will be go out as soon as the print process is complete. The online tools will take much longer to fully develop and do not affect the PDF/book deliverables at all.

R_J_K75

Legend
Online tools will not affect the books at all. The PDFs will be done and sent out as soon as the Kickstarter is complete. The books will be go out as soon as the print process is complete. The online tools will take much longer to fully develop and do not affect the PDF/book deliverables at all.
Gotcha, didnt realize they were independent of each other. Separate Kickstarters then?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
like some character sheets do where you choose options from drop-down menus and it calculates things like HP, AC etc.
I did some basic automating of stuff a while back so simple automated pdf sheets will probably come about pretty quick from someone no matter what, but that could get pretty complicated as feats/multiclassing/magic items start piling on

dave2008

Legend
Gotcha, didnt realize they were independent of each other. Separate Kickstarters then?
No. They are just independent teams. There is a team working on the books and a team working on the online tools.

Team #1:
The books will be finished before the Kickstarter launches and PDF files ready for immediate download when the KS is complete. The print books take a little longer to get proofed, verified, etc. But they will be shipped shortly after the KS is over. Is just converting the PDF to a print or POD product.

Team #2:
Will have online tools ready when the Kickstarter is over, but they will be a work in progress. They will be improved over time. This is the team that will have the responsibility for the Character Builder stretch goal.

Though both teams are under the same Kickstarter, the online tools development is secondary to the PDF/print books and will not impact the development of those. AT least this is my basic understanding of the situation.

Every EnWorld Kickstarter delivers the PDF of the product immediately when the KS ends. The go into the KS with a finished product, not promises.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was under the impression from day 1 that there would be no stretch goals to reduce the time it takes to produce the books and ensure ship dates. Is this no longer the case?
Coding a computer application doesn't affect the time it takes to make a book.

Remove ads