• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Top Gear

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Watching another episode in which they've modified a BMW diesel for racing at Silverstone.

BBC rules prohibited them from getting real sponsors, so they made some up- "Larsen's Biscuits" and "Peniston Oils."

And when the front doors opened, the names were broken up to then read "Penis" and "Arse Biscuits"...all while discussing wanting to be taken seriously.

Those guys!

Graybeard

Explorer
The British Top Gear is definitely superior to the American version. I have seen a few episodes of the American version and the only one that I really enjoyed was when they drove American pickup trucks across Alaska while being followed by a Toyota truck. One of my favorite British Top Gear episodes was the race across London between a runner and a car and the runner won.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
One of my favorite British Top Gear episodes was the race across London between a runner and a car and the runner won.
If you liked that you should check out the one where they raced across London by bike, public transport, car, and boat. My all-time favourite.

They had Stig be on public transport, and Captain Slow on car. :D

Last edited:

OpenPalm

Explorer
Any true Petrolhead needs to see the Communist cars comparison from Season 9 (I think). That one is still a true classic in my head. Both of the amphibious car challenges are truly pieces of excellence as well.

And the journey across the Middle East was legendary. Hell, any of their journeys are, Botswana, North Pole, Etc.

I'm glad to see other people love the show. I have seen every episode since Series 4 and I'm still a gigantofan. I rant about it all the time. I even made a Paladin character based on James May. Suffice it to say that it didn't play out as well as I hoped, but saying Oh Cock was excellent.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I may follow your lead...I suddenly feel the need to say "Bloody Nora!" in character. Maybe I'll even name him Capt. Slow. Hmmmm...maybe I'll disgiuse it by using another language. Capt. Lang Sammer? ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Anyone know what episode of TG it was in which they reviewed a supercar with such idiosyncratic controls that people couldn't figure out how to start the car?

nerfherder

Explorer
Anyone know what episode of TG it was in which they reviewed a supercar with such idiosyncratic controls that people couldn't figure out how to start the car?

I've a vague idea it might have been a TVR, but no idea which episode.

I enjoyed last night's show - which is the best car for an Albanian mob boss, and hot hatchbacks that you can't buy.

Remove ads