• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Top Ten Reasons to Buy Sandstorm

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20050307news

Interesting to see that Touchstones are making a reappearance. I don't mind them as much as others seem to, though. I have a feeling I'm going to have to pick this up, though, as I loved Frostburn and I'm a sucker for even slightly Egyptian stuff.

I swear, WotC must have a spy camera implanted in my forehead. Every time I come up with an idea, they're always one step ahead in terms of getting it published. :) d20 is nearly identical to a d12 system I was working on before I hooked up with KenzerCo. And lots of stuff in Sandstorm looks like what I had started for the rules section of the Sands of the Khydoban campaign option. I constantly have this problem with lots of other books too.

Where's the camera?????????????? :uhoh:

Pants

First Post
Eh, doesn't excite me, but neither did the previews for Frostburn and I ended up liking that book. Hopefully the same happens here.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Pants said:
Eh, doesn't excite me, but neither did the previews for Frostburn and I ended up liking that book. Hopefully the same happens here.

I don't think you've fully explored the possibilities in having your very own War Camel!

:D

(Yeah, I don't know what they are, either).

Cheers!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I can just imagine that Paladin.

"Go, camel! ... Go, mighty steed! G-- hello? Stop chewing that. Go already. Man, full plate in a desert is like an oven."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Although I have a fondness for pharonic and Arabian themed material, I have to agree that it'd be a shame if that dominates, especially as, if you want to grab real world cultures, the American Southwest is full of interesting material that really hasn't been used much in D&D, although the painted elves are likely a nod in that direction.

Remove ads