Top Three RPGs to Run at a FLGS?

Emirikol

Adventurer
The store put a vote of the three systems on social media 24 hours ago. So far only three people have voted (all for D&D).
To me it doesn't seem like there's enough interest to even start doing a game, regardless of system. (If folks won't even click a Like button, I don't see them coming to the store and committing to play a game for a few hours.)

My gaming group has a rule: we game as long as 3 will be there. Now, with new players you've got about a 50% show rate, so advertise longer and plan for 2 and grow from there.

We discussed this during our ALIEN RPG group at the game store yesterday. We all agreed its a tough sell to get random groups together with anything other than dnd.

In order to get the ALIEN RPG group together it took a month of advertising on Facebook events and also at the store..and its summer, when nobody wants to give up their weekends!

Good luck.

vilainn6

Explorer
The One Ring 2e

Star Wars FFG version if the store want to sell some product.

Alien

Dune Adventure in the Imperium

a PBTA game (Dungeon World, Monster of the Week, Mask, Root, Avatar Legends, Blades in the dark, etc.)

Now the real question, Are you paid by the store to promote what is on the shelves? if not, you should run what you want and let the store charge a fee to those who will come.

Retreater

Legend
Now the real question, Are you paid by the store to promote what is on the shelves? if not, you should run what you want and let the store charge a fee to those who will come.
I guess ... maybe a bit of both? They are paying me in store credit - which is cool. And I'm doing it as a favor to support my local gaming community, plus the owner is an old friend from high school. I'd love to do both - support the store and run what I want.

Remove ads