TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

jedavis

First Post
Forgive me if this question has been asked already, but on page 111, the line

"If your character fails three stabilization checks before he returns to 0 hit points (or higher), or if he takes massive damage (see above), he’s dead (regardless of the state he is in when he the stabilization checks are failed)."

is somewhat confusing, as it contradicts the line on page 110 that

"If this saving throw [against massive damage] fails, you immediately drop to –1 hit points and begin dying.".

Which of these is correct? Or is it that if you take massive damage while dying and fail the save, you die outright (and thus there is no contradiction)?

GlassJaw

Hero
Forgive me if this question has been asked already, but on page 111, the line

"If your character fails three stabilization checks before he returns to 0 hit points (or higher), or if he takes massive damage (see above), he’s dead (regardless of the state he is in when he the stabilization checks are failed)."

is somewhat confusing, as it contradicts the line on page 110 that

"If this saving throw [against massive damage] fails, you immediately drop to –1 hit points and begin dying.".

Which of these is correct? Or is it that if you take massive damage while dying and fail the save, you die outright (and thus there is no contradiction)?

Thanks for the post hollow, and sorry for the late reply.

You last statement is correct since the statement "or if he takes massive damage" is under the "DEAD" condition.

Note that this rule is also consistent with the Coup de Grace rule on page 104 in that they both supercede the 3 Stabilization Check (3 Strikes) rule.

This is a slight nod to simulationism in that if a character is already in deep doo-doo, they are especially vulnerable to these types of attacks.

Hope that helps!

TheLastRogue

First Post
Just in case it got missed - I want the Monstrous Arts book . . . but I noticed now updates since April 2011 . . . is that still a go? Worth kicking in still? Thanks in advance.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Monster book is coming! It really is!
Professor-Farnsworth.jpg

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Not unless the DM really wants them to. It's just a buffer to make 1st level PCs a bit more survivable (less likely to be killed by a single lucky orc warrior) - NPCs don't generally need it, though they can certainly benefit from it.

Have fun.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
A paraphrase of a question in another thread I started:

Trailblazer borrowed a bunch of text from the SRD description for summon monster, but how does a caster of summon monster apply the following paragraph when using the Trailblazer summon monster.
"When you use a summoning spell to summon an air, chaotic, earth, evil, fire, good, lawful, or water creature, it is a spell of that type."​
The tables don't seem to offer any step for applying a subtype. Does the caster just pick it out the air arbitrarily?

Remove ads