Trailer Eternals Movie

MarkB

Legend
It occurs to me that, now that the Infinity Stones have been discorporated, Johann Schmidt's spirit may no longer be bound to his eternal vigil. Maybe he'll find Talos, or one of his people, and possess his body.

Then the new Marvel movie villain would be the Red Skrull.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
I'm not a huge comics nerd. I knew many of the Avengers by name. One thing they succeeded in doing with me during the first phase was to make me interested in the characters. Now, in the 4th phase, there's once again new characters being introduced, but so far they have failed to make me interested in them. I don't know who they are, I don't know what they want, I don't know what their conflict is.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So... we are largely talking about the context and speculating. What would you expect to see in a thread about a trailer if context and speculation were not present?
Stuff from the trailer, not all kinds of stuff not in the trailer? In any event, doesn't matter. I'll forget it all before I see the movie.

Rune

Once A Fool
Stuff from the trailer, not all kinds of stuff not in the trailer? In any event, doesn't matter. I'll forget it all before I see the movie.
As with most speculation, virtually none of it will be in the movie. Some of it might be similar to what will become canon.

It’s like trying to predict a 5e adventure path based on AD&D setting lore.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Have you never heard of playing the long con?

Sure, the Skrulls work alongside humans while they are desperate. But more and more of them are coming every day. Get some powerful people used to having Skrulls impersonate them when it is convenient, like Fury in Spider-Man, eventually, there's enough of them around, and... "Surely, Director Fury, you didn't expect that we'd be happy living on the outskirts, having no power on our new home planet? You are all desperately inept at controlling yourselves, so... we'll do it for you...."

Yeah, I would hate this. They essentially portrayed Skrulls as refugees in Captain Marvel, I would really find it a very tone-deaf message to say, "Hey, don't trust the refugee aliens, as they were always planning to subvert and impersonate your power structures to seize control for themselves!"

Sends a pretty terrible message about some real-world issues.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Maybe exposing a single Skrull extremest gives the Kree an excuse/opportunity to paint all of the Skrulls as a hidden threat to Earth’s populace. Most of whom don’t know about Skrulls and certainly don’t know they were/are working with the “good guys.”

Maybe The Daily Bugle can play a part.

A single Skrull extremist... like a Super Skrull?

1629410494582.png

Rune

Once A Fool
Yeah, I would hate this. They essentially portrayed Skrulls as refugees in Captain Marvel, I would really find it a very tone-deaf message to say, "Hey, don't trust the refugee aliens, as they were always planning to subvert and impersonate your power structures to seize control for themselves!"

Sends a pretty terrible message about some real-world issues.
Plus, they kind of already played around with that in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Not the infiltration part, but the rest.

Ryujin

Legend
As with most speculation, virtually none of it will be in the movie. Some of it might be similar to what will become canon.

It’s like trying to predict a 5e adventure path based on AD&D setting lore.
And hopefully not like a particular module for TORG, in which a major thing was given away right on the front cover :ROFLMAO:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases