[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Those things exist in star Wars, I assumed you were being snarky.

I was using them as examples of stuff I thought was stupid even by Star Wars standards.

If you didn't know I apologise.

Outside the movies the 1st Order is presented as quality over quantity in Disney Cannon. Last movie the resistance was down to a single ship.

If they just throw huge fleets into the mix just because it's going to feel a bit silly. Depending on the execution of it.

So how they deal with the First Order and Palpatines return is important IMHO.
Sorry, I can’t make head nor tails of what it is you‘re saying.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sorry, I can’t make head nor tails of what it is you‘re saying.

You claimed such things don't exist in Star Wars when they do. I even provided a link.

You post came across as snarky, I assume you didn't know because you don't follow the old EU or the new one outside of the movies.

You made an absolute statement and as we all know only the Sith deal in absolutes so I am forced to conclude you are in fact Darth Morrus:)

Anakin you missed one, he's in England.

Boy, that scene with all the rebel... resistance ships in close formation is a disaster waiting to happen. One good shot and the explosion/debri would take out half the fleet!

The C3PO line, about one last look at his friends... of those in the room only R2D2 and Chewbacca are his friends. In the Disney films C3PO never showed to have developed friendships with the newbies of the franchise.
It seems like plausible off-screen development if the the Resistance went from the people aboard the Millenium Falcon at the end of TLJ to the huge fleet in this trailer.

But it all feels very... disconnected. Of course, it's just a trailer so far, so who knows... I am skeptical, but it's bascially guaranteed I'll watch this movie, too. I need to know how the trilogy ends. Kinda like I needed to know how the New Jedi Order ended in the novel line. :/

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Don't forget there's that wonky "Red-Eyed C3PO" in one of the trailers. It could be that this scene is right before his transition to evil 3PO for X reasons.

Dunno. I'll see this, and I'm excited for it, but they could screw it up royally.

Nebulous

Legend
After the enormously disappointing first two films I just can't care about this franchise until they hand it off to more competent film makers and do original storylines. I'm sure parts of this will be good, and it's probably going to be the best of the new trilogy, but JJ has never delivered a movie I truly love and this won't be any different.

Sigh. And Palpatine. It's great hearing that evil chuckle actually, but I doubt this was ever the plan all along, to bring Palpatine back. This was a 3rd movie gamble to get fans in the seats and another grab at nostalgia, just like the first awful movie was. I do wonder how they spin it though, the Emperor surviving RotJ and then hiding in secret 30 years until the plot needed him back.

Nebulous

Legend
Again, I know what you mean. The potential of more SW adventures, whatever was/is in our imaginations, is sooo much better than pretty much anything we've actually seen post RotJ.

I truly believe it could be done with the right script (NOT from the Game of Thrones guys, but sheesh, that's who is doing the next trilogy) and the right director. I still wonder what RotJ would have been like if Spielberg directed it as originally planned? I still wish he would DO a Star Wars film but that's only going to happen in an alternate universe.

Nebulous

Legend
Just another teaser trailer masquerading as a real preview. There's not enough here of plot or characters to get excited about, in my opinion. Kylo and Rey will fight … again. Poe and Finn will team up to shoot lasers from a vehicle while screaming "woo!" … again. Skimming vehicles like snowspeeders. Chewie in the Millennium Falcon. Sinister old man in a robe. It hits all the familiar beats but really gives me nothing to look forward to yet.
What the heck is the plot? Drop something in there: "The First Order has found something in the Far Reaches, an old evil we thought had been destroyed...." There's absolutely nothing in this trailer but set pieces, which frankly leaves me concerned about the film.

I think you're right. Aside from glorious sfx set pieces, the film will have no soul. I honest to god could care less what happens to Rey and Poe and Finn. I don't like their characters in the least. I bet we will get a really cute new robot though. Disney is good at that.

Remove ads