[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Yeah, the glut of superweapons is probably one of the most commonly thought of tropes associated with the old Star Wars "Legends"; one would think a move away from those would help set the new canon apart.

Also sad to say that AotC is objectively the worst Star Wars movie, sorry I don't make the rules that's just science

Zardnaar

Legend
Personally moving away from superweapons, Skywalker's and the force is probably a good idea.

The Mandalorian should minimize any of that.

GreyLord

Legend
If talking about the worst Star Wars Movie, to me it is The Last Jedi.

If talking about the worst MOVIE of all the Star Wars series (a movie may be great, but be a bad Star Wars Movie. For example, the Last Jedi in my opinion is actually a MUCH BETTER MOVIE than the Force Awakens, but as a 'Star Wars' movie it didn't fill many fan expectations...thus why I feel there is such controversy about it among some groups)....

For me, it's the Phantom Menace. That movie has so many bad movie things about it (from the script to the choice of some of the actors to the stereotyping) that I'd actually put AotC above it any day of the week.

We all have different personal opinions on which movies are good or bad. I have no problem with someone saying AotC is their favorite anymore than if someone said TLJ or even one of the Ewok movies is their favorite. We all have different things that make us tick and our differences is one of the things that make the world interesting.

Hussar

Legend
See, the funny thing about things like "Thrawn" or "Tie Defenders" being canon, is that they AREN'T the same Thrawn or Tie Defenders that we knew before. The Thrawn of Rebels isn't the Thrawn of the 90's novels. How do I know that? Because the 90's novels didn'T happen.

Zardnaar

Legend
See, the funny thing about things like "Thrawn" or "Tie Defenders" being canon, is that they AREN'T the same Thrawn or Tie Defenders that we knew before. The Thrawn of Rebels isn't the Thrawn of the 90's novels. How do I know that? Because the 90's novels didn'T happen.

He's quite close, the TIE Defender just had it's backstory changed.

Thrawn had essentially the same personality and carried his art thing across as well.

The new fluff doesn't really match what you're seeing onscreen and a TIE Defender would.

Hussar

Legend
Oh, without a doubt there's the obvious "based on" quality. Of course. But, they are not the same character. And, you can't really point to something like "Thrawn" as evidence of canon stuff being brought into the series. The Thrawn of Rebels isn't the same character. Any more than the Boba Fett of the books and whatnot is the same character that dies so ignominiously in RotJ. In canon, Boba Fett is a pointless character that does pretty much nothing. All the romance around him is later stuff that people have added in.

Remove ads