[TRAILER] Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Disney is done with Star Wars, at least for awhile, after Rise of Skywalker.

Disney CEO Bob Iger says, "Star Wars 9, which comes out this December will be the last of the Skywalker Saga and we’ll go into a hiatus for a few years before the next Star Wars feature."

Zardnaar

Legend
Apparently he lost it at a test screening which is where the Reddit stuff is coming from.

Next trilogy was supposed to be 2022, if that's changed that's 5 movies they've pulled the plug on.

They've also fired more directors etc than movies they've produced.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
It's more that Disney is moving Star Wars from the big screen to the small screen for a bit while they sort out what actually works or not.

That said, I think given past track records we're significantly better off living in a world without a Josh Trank or Benioff/Weiss Star Wars film or three.

Couldn’t you just not watch it, rather than keeping it from me too?
I should have left my reasoning in the post, that way it would be 100% new and they wouldn't have to deal with a fan base that grew up with it.

I've got no problems with the movies or the direction they are heading,just some of the fans and waiting for the fans and the fans kids kids to die seems like the best way to get around that lol

Remove ads