• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Trailer/Website] Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

KChagga said:
I never have understood why everyone likes FF7 so much. It was fun but FF6 is the pinnacle of final fantasies. I wish everyone who claims that 7 is so awesome would be forced to play through 6 and see how good it was. Heck I still break out my supernintendo to play it once in awhile. :cool:
Having said that, FF7 Advent Children looks cool. Too bad it doesn't seem to be a full length movie. :(

And what about those of us who have played both of them several times and still prefer VII (and IV for that matter) to VI? It's just personal preference... there's no reason for you to infer that people who prefer VII are somehow ignorant or uninformed.

-F :p

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ff7ac_main.swf

Last edited:

KChagga

First Post
Originally posted by Femerus the GnecroAnd what about those of us who have played both of them several times and still prefer VII (and IV for that matter) to VI? It's just personal preference... there's no reason for you to infer that people who prefer VII are somehow ignorant or uninformed.

Perhaps I should clarify that most people who claim that it is the greatest of all final fantasies have started with 7 and on. It would be arguable that of the modern final fantasies(meaning 7 and beyond) that 7 is probably the best. Personally I liked 9 just about as much, but as you can tell I am of the old school of final fantasy.

I am glad that you played 6 and 4(Cecil was a cool character, but Rydia was better :D ) Your opinion then is valid. You have other styles of FF to compare 7 to. I just note that most who claim 7 as the best seam to only know the modern FF. I've played all of the FF except 2,3,11, and 10-2. I even played the abomination that is mystic quest! I rank the games in my own preference of descending enjoyment 6,4,9,10,7,5,1,mystic quest,8(God how I hated this game)

I loved 8. I will completely ignore logic and make the groundless claim that because you did not like it, you must be a passionless monster who cannot appreciate love (or REALLY COOL FMVs).

Apok

First Post
I've played all of the FF games except for 2,3, and 11 (which really should've been called FF Online, but I digress). Out of them all, VII is still my favorite, with VI and X a close tie for second.

Why do I like VII so much? Dunno. I just do.

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
A2Z said:
I thought him and Cloud were clones

Not Quite-

In the game, it is revealed that Sephiroth is a product of mixing human genetic material with the material taken from the alien Jenova- he is a unique creation, not of the world. Cloud and his SOLDIER friend (whose name I forget) were injected with Jenova cells in an experiment- Cloud's friend died, Cloud survived. Sephiroth attempted to convince Cloud that his memories were implanted, and that he was a clone, but late in the game Tifa proved that false- Sephiroth was merely controlling him through the Jenova cells, and trying to use his lies to make Cloud give up (since Cloud was the only one who could stop Sephiroth).

However, I have not played the game in four years, so my own memories could be "clouded"... or implants... :)

Uzumaki

First Post
Corinth said:
No kidding. How the hell did Sephiroth survive?

Dude. Seph 'died' before the game. What gave you think his death at the end of the game was any more permanent? Villians are like New York cockroaches. Step on them, burn them, poison them, make them listen to Yanni, it doesn't matter. They will never go away.

Orius

Legend
Berandor said:
So if I never played FF (vii or otherwise), I'll be lost, eh? Pity, the film looks cool!

Perhaps, it depends on what's actually in the film.

In any case, I'm sure you could find plenty of plot synopses on the web given the number of fans the game has.

Orius

Legend
Thread resurrection!

Wait, does this mean Advent Children still hasn't been released? Looks like Square-Enix is right on schedule then, as far as software companies go. :)

Remove ads