• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Nasty acid, that." Raiko says as he attends his wounds and goes to meet the rest of the party.

"I'll need a minute here."

[sblock=ooc]
Raiko says we're taking a five minute rest.
He will spend 3 healing surges to get up to full.

Also I just got the map big enough to see the icon for the wizard. Awesome.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +1; P.Insight: 20; P.Perception: 14
AC: 21; Fort: 16; Reflex: 14; Will: 15
HP: 41/41; Surges: 12 hp, 4/12
AcP: 1
AdP: 0
Potions: 2

Magic Oil: +1 to hit and dame with bastard sword attacks.

Skills: History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +9, Religion +5
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 18, Con: 15, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Designate the Bolter as my Prey. I gain +2 to hit and damage against him until the end of my next turn.
Standard: Eldritch Blast the Bolter. I swear I'm not cheating. I wouldn't even know how. So... crit #4, for 25 + d10 damage, which kills him.
Move: Move to D11, retain concealment. Except I think the combat's over.[/sblock]

[sblock=THB]
That's gotta be a record! [/sblock]

"Oh my, that was simply stupendous my dear Haruka. Certainly far more effective than the elemental flames I've been trying. Yes, yes, we will indeed need to discuss things in further detail once we escape this place." Ashir says excitedly.

[sblock=ooc]
Ashir will spend two surges to get at max hp, but left with 2/7 surges left. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng raises an eyebrow and then frowns "It is impressive how you changed from the sure and commanding person in the tavern, to this lame excuse of a man." says the sorceror to Ashir, cleaning the blood on his mouth with his tunic. "How pitiable that you disregard your teachings for others. How ashamed would your master feel seeing you regarding his lessons as less effective, or inferiors. If they are truly inferior, then your goal should be reinforce them, master them, instead of changing for easier paths. Shame on you genasi, you are despicable." the monk scowls the wizard.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Good team building, there." Raiko says sarcastically as he checks his shield and lines himself up with the next door. "I'm sure when we're in the thick of things, facing down horrors from another realm of existence, it's the knowledge that we don't trust in each other's abilities that will pull us through."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Congratulations Mal. You've got me convinced that some hideous gribbly will jump out from behind a door and prevent us from taking a rest. If it turns out that we are allowed a rest, then I'll spend a surge to get back to full. But I'm going to wait until you explicitly allow it before updating my stat block. Paranoia? Perhaps.[/sblock]

Haruka glares daggers at Sheng. "Oh, give him a break. He's doing very well for his first time." She turns back to Ashir, her voice now that of the young Dauntonian woman, "My first lesson? Don't pay attention to people like him. There's nothing wrong with trying new things. That's how we learn. That's how we grow. The wisdom of those who came before can only get us so far before we need to start thinking for ourselves. Besides," Haruka grins wickedly, "between the two of you, you're the one who hasn't blown himself up."

dimsdale

First Post
Max laughs at the banter going on between his comrades. "Never a dull moment here," he says with a grin on his face.

ooc: I'll wait also for an update.

renau1g

First Post
"Ha,ha,ha, you have strength Sheng I will give you that, but as the young woman wisely says, one learns from all of life's lessons. If one does not than you shall certainly fail to grow, it is only by combining the bits of information that one learns into a larger, greater whole that one will truly come to master their strength. If I can somehow combine the eldritch energy that Haruka has mastered with the elemental forces that I have been taught perhaps a new and more effective arcane technique can be learned that may benefit the Empire in our struggles against the Oni. That is why I was sent out of Lao Teshlyn's tutelege." Ashir declares confidently, no appearance of Sheng's words bothering him.

After the others are out of earshot, the genasi will move closer to Haruka, "You have my thanks Haruka, your words ring true and I appreciate your efforts" he whispers genuinely.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Come on guys! No time to dawdle. Catch your breath, push forward. We sit on our ass here for too long and we'll be swarmed.'' urges Patrin.

[sblock=OOC]You get a short rest, though a short rest for me is anything from 30 seconds to 4 hours. It's the time between encounters, basically. no matter how long or short.

In this case, it's the time it takes to take two deep breath, gather near the door and then say something hollywood-esque before going in.

Request change in the positioning if you want, roll initiative and explicitly state your hp + surge status.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• storage.jpg
    storage.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 66

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

max spends his last 2 surges to bring himself up to full hp: 32
no surges left
no AP
no AS, unless we got one last round