• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

figmike

First Post
Interesting, Frances thought to himself. He made a mental checklist of things to do.

• Look into the relationship of William Sullivan and Katrine Iseman. How long have they been together, and were they dating before or after his wife’s death? Maybe he called her before coming over that day? If her phone were tapped, that could explain Shahada’s knowledge of his whereabouts.

The anniversary of his late wife’s death is coming up. Coincidence? Must look into her accident.

See if we can find out more information on Atlantic Consulting Inc. Just a hobby business set up by two girls, or something more?

Interesting that we have so little information on Shahada, wonder if Firefox is holding anything back, and if so: Why?

Frances looked back at Firefox and regarded her for a moment before replying, “Thank you.”

[sblock] First off, now that I've seen the concept of the game I can definitely say I have not read this adventure. Also, wanted to point out the conspiracy theory interest that Saint has, he's looking to find strange coincidences.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Machete, a man of few words, said nothing during the limo ride. As unaccustomed as Machete was to the finer things in life, he wondered how much a car like this must cost, and how much cash was being spent in the interest of keeping one person alive, and how that money could be put to much better use.

Such thoughts would have to be kept to himself, as the others most likely didn't share Machete's feelings. His cold eyes scanned the interior of the limo and saw nothing but contempt. One false move and...

Perhaps not. They were, after all, assigned to the same monotonous task. Machete would keep his mouth shut... for now.

Gatac

First Post
"If you ask me," - nobody's asking Bonnie, but she graciously ignores that - "stalkin' around the place looking for clues ain't gonna do squat. Well, duh, he's a politician, he had to step on some guys to climb up, that ain't rocket science, people don't kill each other for that. We don't know who the bad guys are, and if they haven't shown up on the big ol' UNITAS radar, we won't find them in the guy's underwear drawers. All we gotta do is wait and kick their asses when they show up. Ask 'em nicely where they came from, go there, kick some more asses, call it in, end of story."

Bonnie's already thinking about the gunfights and car chases. It's what keeps her sane in the face of an extended stakeout.

solkan_uk

First Post
"Agreed, also they seem to have access to his schedule, so I would have though that they won't attack him at home. That said one of us should stay with him just in case - direct the local security and make sure he doesn't decide to nip to the shops."

Insight

Adventurer
Gatac said:
"If you ask me," - nobody's asking Bonnie, but she graciously ignores that - "stalkin' around the place looking for clues ain't gonna do squat. Well, duh, he's a politician, he had to step on some guys to climb up, that ain't rocket science, people don't kill each other for that. We don't know who the bad guys are, and if they haven't shown up on the big ol' UNITAS radar, we won't find them in the guy's underwear drawers. All we gotta do is wait and kick their asses when they show up. Ask 'em nicely where they came from, go there, kick some more asses, call it in, end of story."

"I'll try to leave one of them alive for you to question," Machete says in his gravelly voice. "Can't make any promises."

Insight

Adventurer
Gatac said:
"Easy, chief. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on the killing part."

Machete glares. "I do what I do, and I'm the best there is," he says to Bonnie and the others. "Someone's meant to be killed or I wouldn't have been brought in."

figmike

First Post
“Sit back and wait for them. Ask no questions. Is that really your plan?” Frances looked at them with mild disbelief. He spoke in a calm voice, “I’m sorry; I don’t want to offend you. But what if they don’t attack? Why leave a death threat when they could have left a bullet? How did they know he was going to be there in the first place?” He said as he pointed towards the girlfriends address in the report.

“And if they do attack again, why get so close that we can capture one alive? Why not use a sniper rifle and kill him before we can do anything about it? Or better yet, why not use a car bomb and kill us all? When they attack, it’ll be at a time and place of our choosing. That’s how we catch them.”

He turned his head back to the report and flipped to the next page.

Insight

Adventurer
"Maybe the death threat was a fake," Machete suggests. "Someone wants to scare the senator. That's what I would do. Force him into making a mistake, or do something he wouldn't normally do."

Remove ads