Troll Lord Games looking foe a few good men

Troll Lord

First Post
Lets see if I can address some questions.

Format: I am not picky. We will convert it to Word before going to edit and layout. As long as we can convert it to word without too many problems (charts, tabbing, indents etc variously cause problems depending on which writing program is being used) we are good to go. Just please keep all tabbing and charts as simple as possible.

Stat blocks. Everything should be in complete sentences. There is an example below. Most stat blocks are waaay smaller. Stat blocks for NPCs can be larger but are generally still tight and quick. NPC stat blocks rarely ever include known spells unless the encounter is set for certain spells. Stat blocks and magic items and new monsters are included in word count.

ABOLETH (These lawful evil creature’s vital stats are HD 9d8, AC 16, HP 51. Their primary attributes are mental. They attack with four tentacles for 1d6+8 damage each. The aboleth is highly intelligenct and able to enslave creatures through a charm like ability. Victims must make a saving throw versus wisdom or fall under its control. They have spell-like abilities that they cast as a 16th level caster: hypnotic pattern, illusory wall, mirage arcane, persistent image, programmed image, project image and veil. They also have a slime attack that morphs the victim into an aquatic creature and are able to surround themselves with a thick mucus cloud to confuse their enemy.)

Adventure types: As a general I do not care if it is urban, rural, overland, underground or on a river and even at sea (those are really difficult since everyone is petrified f drowning). My response is to go with whatever you feel would best suit your desire and expertise. By generic, I mean that I would like to be able to take the adventure and plop it down into nearly setting. The problem here becomes not making it so vanilla it has no character.

Treasure: No monty haul. But that's a difficult thing to quantify. Personally, I prefer the low end, Steve the middle road and players the monty road. Lets shoot for a middle range.

If you want some help with a module, rules or such, you can probably find someone in the Castles and Crusades Society to help, or go to our boards and ask around. I am sure someone would be willing to join the fun.

Davis

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
One more question. Maps.

Do you want finished maps, sketches or just descriptions? In what style? How many? :)

I believe you don't want a map overload000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Just to demonstrate we have cats I won't edit that :p

Yes, I was saying, I'm sure you don't want a map overload, but like one area map and 2 local maps would probably not be too bad if you do maps at all?

Filcher

First Post
Completed adventures written for different systems by folks that have never played C&C: Recipe for awesome sauce!

I'm sending in my half-dragon, vampiric-unicorn anti-paladin adventure that I converted from Synnibarr a couple years ago. It's for level 30 PCs, set in Eberron, and I just statted it out for 4e.

I've been told C&C is based on D&D so I'm assuming that daily powers and healing surges are treated normally. Any house rules I need to know about?

It's especially cool because the dungeon master gets to play two mysterious time travelers: Drizzt and Elminster! If the PCs play their cards right, they get to help the pair forestall the Spell Plague that ruined the Realms!

I even have some sample art!

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/534686-bigthumbnail.jpg

I can't wait to see it in print!

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I might be interested. I know very little about C&C though. I need some time to gain knowledge about the system.
If you can write a good adventure for any version of D&D from OD&D through Pathfinder, you can adapt it to Castles & Crusades insanely fast.

Flavor strongly skews toward 1E or early 2E.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Most of my experience is with D&D 3rd Edition, D&D 4th Edition, Pathfinder, and GURPS 4th Edition.
This post should handle most of your conversion needs. (If you stick to SRD monsters, which is probably a good idea, you can just use the official C&C monster books for most of them.)

Any adventure you can picture someone running in 1E is probably a good fit. Any adventure that seems hard to picture in earlier editions of the game is probably not. (Which is to say, there are some universal D&Disms that are present in all eras, which would be fine, no matter what edition of the game you originally played it in. But a half-dragon spellstitched gravetouched ghoul goliath warlock/factotum probably not.)

Argyle King

Legend
This post should handle most of your conversion needs. (If you stick to SRD monsters, which is probably a good idea, you can just use the official C&C monster books for most of them.)

Any adventure you can picture someone running in 1E is probably a good fit. Any adventure that seems hard to picture in earlier editions of the game is probably not. (Which is to say, there are some universal D&Disms that are present in all eras, which would be fine, no matter what edition of the game you originally played it in. But a half-dragon spellstitched gravetouched ghoul goliath warlock/factotum probably not.)

Thanks for the links. While I do appreciate the occasional monstrosity of templates/multiclassing, I also enjoy simplicity. Oddly, that's what lead me to GURPS. I could make what I felt made sense without needing to stack a bunch of math (or templates, levels, etc) onto my concept.

Also -as indicated by the thread I started not long ago- I'm currently working on running something for kids, so my experience prepping for them has re-introduced me to the idea that sometimes you can do more with a little than you can with a lot.

Remove ads