D&D 4E Tropes of the Nentir Vale

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
In an earlier post, someone asked if there were any customized version of the Conquest of Nerath map. This is mine. I've used CargoCulture's modified map and focused in the "Nerathan League lands" region (more than enough for my needs).

To clarify, this map is semi-canon. I mean, while all places are canon (from adventures and Dragon articles and so on), most of their locations are not. I placed them as it fits my campaign world. Exceptions are the Nentir Vale, the Barony of Therund (some places, at least), the Dragondown Coast and the area around Sarthel, that were described in Dragon articles, adventures or novels, and have official map or locations' placement to use as reference; plus a few locales from the Conquest of Nerath map proper.

I've also changed the position of some locations (for instance, Nera is a port city according to Dragon 412, so her position in the map from Conquest of Nerath is not accurate). As you can see, I've also modified parts of the map to macth the maps from the adventures or novels. The most notable changes are in the Trollhaunt Warrens and the Dragondown Coast. I've also reworked Nentir Vale a little bit. Again, this is the more accurate area of the map (with a lot of locations), as this region is the most described in canon.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
In an earlier post, someone asked if there were any customized version of the Conquest of Nerath map. This is mine. I've used CargoCulture's modified map and focused in the "Nerathan League lands" region (more than enough for my needs).

To clarify, this map is semi-canon. I mean, while all places are canon (from adventures and Dragon articles and so on), most of their locations are not. I placed them as it fits my campaign world. Exceptions are the Nentir Vale, the Barony of Therund (some places, at least), the Dragondown Coast and the area around Sarthel, that were described in Dragon articles, adventures or novels, and have official map or locations' placement to use as reference; plus a few locales from the Conquest of Nerath map proper.

I've also changed the position of some locations (for instance, Nera is a port city according to Dragon 412, so her position in the map from Conquest of Nerath is not accurate). As you can see, I've also modified parts of the map to macth the maps from the adventures or novels. The most notable changes are in the Trollhaunt Warrens and the Dragondown Coast. I've also reworked Nentir Vale a little bit. Again, this is the more accurate area of the map (with a lot of locations), as this region is the most described in canon.

You are a treasure. Thank you for the share, Zeromaru X.

My real point was that a mortal or demigod couldn't defeat a primordial in single combat like bane did.
Not in straight up head-to-head combat, no. That's the whole point, he was able to do so, by some sort of strategem. I think it would be cool if that was by having an adventuring team of other peak epic PCs/exarchs to work with, but that would not fit with any of the existing narratives, though I guess some of them might not actually preclude it. Still, you'd have to answer what happened to those allies. I guess that might be an interesting question...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Not in straight up head-to-head combat, no. That's the whole point, he was able to do so, by some sort of strategem. I think it would be cool if that was by having an adventuring team of other peak epic PCs/exarchs to work with, but that would not fit with any of the existing narratives, though I guess some of them might not actually preclude it. Still, you'd have to answer what happened to those allies. I guess that might be an interesting question...
Bane, after the primordial was defeated, to his injured and exhausted allies:
"I will send you my apprentice, and he will take care of you."

dave2008

Legend
However, hos Deities & Demigods article sure makes it sound like it was one on one:
1598583911781.png

1598583932347.png

Furthermore, is "birth" was not that of a mortal or demigod (in 4e):
1598584006173.png

PS Achra was his name before he was called "Bane"

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
We know that narrative about Bane being either a mortal king or a demigod once was a "Mearlization" of the character to please grodnards (specifically old FR fans). I usually ignore that stuff because it makes no sense in the narrative of the Dawn War.

If that stuff it's ever brought into my game, I'll treat it as an heresy made up by sages of the Realms to try to explain why there's another deity called Bane.

Undrave

Legend
We know that narrative about Bane being either a mortal king or a demigod once was a "Mearlization" of the character to please grodnards (specifically old FR fans). I usually ignore that stuff because it makes no sense in the narrative of the Dawn War.

If that stuff it's ever brought into my game, I'll treat it as an heresy made up by sages of the Realms to try to explain why there's another deity called Bane.

It's a good way to handle it really.

Remove ads