D&D 4E Tropes of the Nentir Vale

Aldarc

Legend
I love the 4E pantheon and Dawn War origin story, and the fact Mercer's Exandria setting retains both (albeit in slightly modified form) has led me to incorporate as much of the 4E lore as I can into the campaign I'm planning by inserting details that don't contradict official Exandria lore.
Nerath is more than just that for me.

I don't think there is any guilt to it, per se, but most people aren't going to be familiar with it beyond maybe what's in the original Core books (which is precisely what is in Exandria).
Hmmm... I don't recall either Fallcrest or Nentir Vale in Exandria.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
FYI, I always envisioned the two major continents shown on Conquest of Nerath as a Devil and a Dragon fighting one another, to reflect the old empires of Bael Turath and Arkhosia from whose ashes Nerath, the Iron Circle, Karkoth, and Vailin arose.
I see the dragon, but not the devil...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I was working on that off and on a few years ago, but it's not ready yet to publish here. I can see if I can get that finished soon, though!
Love Love Love maps... I worked at a GIS company for 20 years. And the best way to publish for broad public consumption in really truly high resolution version is to convert to a google map (or use a different incarnation of tiled mapping)

Last edited:

Griffon Lore Games

Publishing Content for 5E and Pathfinder1E
I would like to investigate this, further.
The Indiegogo campaign for our next adventure module includes a 14-page gazetteer, from a chapter of the henceforth unpublished campaign setting. Clickie the link in the signature or the graphic.

Once we reach critical mass with our Tales of Lothmar line of products, we'll release the campaign setting book, which should be a 256-page hardcover. Other than that, fire away with any questions on our Discord channel: Join the Griffon Lore Games Discord Server!, or one of the threads we started here in ENWorld.

--anthony

KandraGuide.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm sorry, Parmandur. It does not matter how hard you try pushing Mercer's campaign setting, it's not the Vale to me and I doubt that we ever will see things eye-to-eye on this. And neither was Mike Mearls's "spin" on the Vale.

That's both the strength and weakness of the Setting as a shadowy suggested Setting: Mearls and Mercer's campaigns are equally valid versions. I'm just saying, for publishing purposes, Exandria's spin on it being in print more or less sinks any future it has apart from Critical Role products.

Remove ads