TRUE BLOOD #4:Shake And Fingerpop/Season 2/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Shake And Fingerpop

With Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) in tow, Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Sookie (Anna Paquin) head to Dallas to carry out Eric’s (Alexander Skarsgård) vampire-reconnaissance mission – but a surprise awaits them at the airport. At the Light of Day Institute, Jason (Ryan Kwanten) falls victim to a practical joke, but has the last laugh when the Newlins anoint him for a higher calling. Maryann (Michelle Forbes) throws Tara (Rutina Wesley) a birthday party at Sookie’s, attracting much of Bon Temps to its Bacchanalian revelry. Sam (Sam Trammell) postpones his departure from town to attend the bash, connecting with Daphne (Ashley Jones) in the process. Having barely escaped Fangtasia, Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) finds himself reluctantly pulled back into Eric’s orbit.
Written by Alan Ball; directed by Michael Lehmann.

After having seen Razor and now True Blood... I really begin to like Michelle Forbes. ;)

The surprise revelation at the end was .. well, surprising. I am eager to see what happens next. The True Blood writers do know how to write cliffhangers that leave you wanting for more. ;)

Fast Learner

First Post
I'm definitely enjoying the mythology, and of course the show in general. I agree about Michelle Forbes, though it's only here that I've begun to like her.

Good stuff, very exciting!

Aeolius

Adventurer
This was the weakest episode of the new season thusfar, IMO. Several scenes seemed to drag on, such as the lake scene and the scene at Sookie's house. Granted, the bits with Jessica saved the day and the cliffhanger at the end was well worth it.

Fast Learner

First Post
While the bit at Sookie's house ran a bit long, I liked how it appeared that it was going to just be a wild, orgiastic party like the one we saw last time, but that it went past that, to a truly disturbing point, what with the extreme gluttony, eating dirt, etc. Kind of a cool way to show how what might be appealing, taken to its extreme is horrific.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Jason Stackhouse is by far and away the best thing about this show.

That said, my suspicion is that the Newlins have orders to use Jason to get to Sookie. Even if Jason would make an awesome vampire hunter. All of the scenes at the church were so awesomely demented. The debate about the first vampire... priceless.

I think this episode seals the deal that Daphne is an agent of Maryann in some fashion.

Also, I can think of nothing more profane for this show than having an orgy in Gran's house. That was icky in and of itself, before all the dirtiness.

I was pleasantly surprised by Sookie/Bill/Jessica. Perhaps it was because we got to see some movement there are far as storyline and mythology... especially at the end with the second mindreader. That scene was very well done... at first I was confused because it was Sookie's voice in the "telepathy" mode, and then I caught on. Very well done.

Krug

Newshound
Not another dance party. But even when it's bad it's still quite watchable. Lafayette getting his groove back was awesome, and Sookie and Bill trying to play good parents to Jessica is just bizarre and funny.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads